Do you actually use tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you actually use tactics?

Years ago at the end of an open day they split every one into 50 pairs and had a 'last man standing' competition at phoenix urban. My friend Jay and I won, partly because we're both well trained to work in fire and manouvre after years independantly of each other in the forces and secondly because we knew each other well after years as mates and could react/interpret each others actions almost before we made them. We didnt have to tell each other to cover certain arcs, it was automatic. Similarly we tended to both know exactly where we should move to next, didnt stay in the same spot too long and most importantly were totally silent as we didnt need to speak to each other.

It was a tense but satisfying fun game that made me realise that in close quarters airsoft tactics and training can make an impact. I'm sure that two guys who'd been airsofting as buddies for a decade and never done a day of service could have been as good but we'd only been skirmishing together for a few months at this point.

Comment

All these stories and opinions, just help to confirm, what a great, varied and exciting game airsoft can be.
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Its an amazingly fun game, addictive as hell as well. Im thinking it may be more expensive and addictive than crack at this point.
        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Yeah man! Without some sort of tactics on the go we're just a gaggle of big kids shooting in random directions.
          Flank, suppress, charge! Works all the time, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
            Yeah man! we're just a gaggle of big kids shooting in random directions.
            Yep, that sounds like us...lol
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

To be honest mate. The only time you need to use tactics is when in a building. Out in the open your fine but In a building with so many doors and places to hide that's when team or individual tactics help.

Comment

Suicide charge is a tactic right? If that's the case, then I do use them

Comment

I'm glad to hear you say that brooxy, :D
                  Its the tactic we have perfected best.

Comment

No, none at all, like the majority of the users on here I was never in the military

I'm just super fucking sneaky

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Comment

I / we use tactics as much as possible.

We are playing airsoft.... Pretending to be combatants in one way or another. A combatant without tactics is nothing more than a falling plate target waiting to happen.

Comment

I don't I run around screaming "the Germans are coming"

Comment

It's pretty hard to use tactics with people who you dont know.

I always try my best to line up 3-4 guys on my squad and we try to cover each other on all angles....

Comment

It depends, if you all know the same drills knowing people is irrelevant. Otherwise armies would be screwed

But yeah unless you're working with strangers who are trained soldiers/police firearms (or whatever) and you are too than you cant really depend on knowing exactly how they will act and respond to a situation.

Comment

Airsoft? Tactics? You must be crazy!

In my experience, the regular airsofters I've came across buy all they can afford based on how cool it looks, now if we're in a grassy field, with a few wooden structures and tyre walls, what use is the american moon camo going to be when you're holding a sniper rifle and wearing a BFO patrol pack?
                              If they can't use appropriate gear, they haven't a hope of using proper tactics.

Of course, it's common sense to fire at a window where an enemy is so a friend can move up, or to go around a position/"flank" to get a good arc of fire, but really, it's a bit of fun, little more than run and gun, let off a massive burst, get pinged and run back to the "respawn" point.
                              It's fast, fun and no one needs to worry about tactics. There was one guy that did start yapping on about where they're likely to come from, where we need establish fire points, etc but he was a looney tune! If the TRFs on his UBACS were to be believed, then he was a Gurkha, Royal Marine, Para, in 16 AA Brigage AND in the US Army at the same time.... frigging nutter!
                              Last edited by WaltDetector; 16 September, 2013, 01:03. Reason: typo

Comment

Clearly you've never played in a large fibua environment - I've seen people driven mad when they try building clearance against people who have been trained in counter building clearance...

Sent from outer space
                                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Fighting Mongoose Find out more about The Fighting Mongoose
                                Working...
                                X