Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

has anyone done or seen a sustained fire line in airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: has anyone done or seen a sustained fire line in airsoft?

I've seen this done at a FinTac day before. It didnt work as well as I expected. But as someone said, there is no fear of hot lead.
    Also with highcaps you can sustain the line for far longer than expected.
    We had a very unorganised sfl as it was a bunch of undiscaplined and untrained fanatics =)
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

How's that for a necro post?

Comment

Not bad, only a year and 7 months. But no, I have a support gunner in my squad who will happily lay 6000 rounds form his RPK drum mag at everyone in sight. He does because he can and it turns out to be effective, everyone concentrates on him and everyone else starts flanking or the snipers have a field day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
          AAAAHH STOP COMPLAINING. IT'S BETTER THAN A NEW THREAD, THEN YOU COMPLAINING FOR A NEW THREAD!

*cough-aaak*

Right, by sustained fire line, a whole team of about 30 of us lined up, and named our selves A,B,A,B...etc. and then one guy would call out; "A's forwards!" the B's would provide cover fire while A's advanced 10-15m. Then A's would cover as the 's moved up to them, and then 10-15m further. We stormed the enemy with very few casualties and the dug in enemy were frightened out of dug-ins and quickly dispatched!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
            AAAAHH STOP COMPLAINING. IT'S BETTER THAN A NEW THREAD, THEN YOU COMPLAINING FOR A NEW THREAD!

*cough-aaak*

Right, by sustained fire line, a whole team of about 30 of us lined up, and named our selves A,B,A,B...etc. and then one guy would call out; "A's forwards!" the B's would provide cover fire while A's advanced 10-15m. Then A's would cover as the 's moved up to them, and then 10-15m further. We stormed the enemy with very few casualties and the dug in enemy were frightened out of dug-ins and quickly dispatched!
            So pepper-potting with friendly fire? If you go A, B, A, B... then you'll get masses of it... Much better is A, A, A, A, B, B, B, B etc. No getting in one another's LoF.
            Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post

*cough-aaak*
              Complaining is the only joy i get in life. Dont take it away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
                So pepper-potting with friendly fire? If you go A, B, A, B... then you'll get masses of it... Much better is A, A, A, A, B, B, B, B etc. No getting in one another's LoF.
                Despite being from Norfolk and Suffolk, we have enough intelligence to aim for the guys in red, rather than yellow (and visa versa).

Plus, once one team had moved forwards, they would crouch or go prone. Just in case.

Proved to work numerous times without any friendly fire!

and DCR, there's loads of threads in "feedback" to complain on or chuckle at others doing so! hehehehe. :D
                sigpic

Comment

The problem is that airsoft is not real life, so real life tactical ideas will not work as well (if at all).

Most tactics of any kind rely on you assuming that you know roughly what the opponent will do when you do your thing (e.g. 'if we all open up at roughly the same time they're bound to duck their heads!') but if they don't do that it obvioulsy won't work as well (as someone has pointed out already, they would duck their heads if they had a real and increased chance of dying, but that's not the case in airsoft, so they don't!).

You see the same thing at any kind of martial arts type place. There are guys who make whatever they do look amazing against really good players of their sport but then they look crap against a new guy who just walked in off the street because the new guy doesn't react 'the way he's supposed to' when they try their moves.
                  102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
                    The revival went far better then expected tbh.
                    Kiran Payne
                    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

I think a fire line works well enough but only for a short time, the key is to get a nade or 2 in their airsofters seam to fear a loud band more, keep shooting and in time they`ll just think your having a random guess and poke out and shoot.

I think its best for a few to lay down fire and chuck a bang then one or a few move right up to take down targets unless its a long distance.

A lot of airsoft is about baiting someone into your line of fire or forcing them into someone else`s

I`m normally the person laying down the cover fire and yes anything that will get their attention works, a nade, a glow stick, flash light even shout out insults anything to get them thinking about the fire team and not the bloke or blokes moving up on them.
                      sigpic
                      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I went to skirmish not to long ago, there were a few newbie players. I had no idea what was about to happen, we were about to assault a hardened location. All of a sudden, I heard a rally cry. Everyone ran into cover and opened fire pretty much at once. They managed to get at least 7 people and we only lost one. Never before have I seen that much organization go on. Gave me a little tear.

Comment

Crazy Cheif, your picture is oddly self serving to your comment =')
                          Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

F&O Anzio on the 20th August.

There was about 20 of us behind the barricade (you cant see everyone), that we built in a 2 minute respite period. we held that for 25 minutes until end ex. :D
                            sigpic
                            BlackWing Mercenaries
                            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

Originally posted by sam190jwigley View Post

F&O Anzio on the 20th August.

There was about 20 of us behind the barricade (you cant see everyone), that we built in a 2 minute respite period. we held that for 25 minutes until end ex. :D
                              Ahhh either side would be epic! Holding out would just be fun to give ago but on the offensive I would love to toss a grenade behind the barricade and see how you lot would of reacted

Comment

Originally posted by omnomnom View Post
                                Ahhh either side would be epic! Holding out would just be fun to give ago but on the offensive I would love to toss a grenade behind the barricade and see how you lot would of reacted
                                Lol. Trust me people tried to. there must have been at least 5/6 BFG come into the room, but none managed to kill us all. the ones who did get hit by it were mediced quickly.

it was quite an odd Situation. the yellow team (the enemy) were several buildings away. But if a random round would wizz into our room, EVERYONE in there would shoot back in every Direction possible whilst shouting and whooping and yelling Stupid comments. all in all. was an epic last stand in the Alamo. XD
                                sigpic
                                BlackWing Mercenaries
                                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X