Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping Hints & Tips

Hey all,
    I am a new to sniping and it would be great for me (and other new snipers) if any of you who snipe or know anything about it could share any tips or tricks to make our lives easier

Many thanks,

Bert.

Re: Sniping Hints & Tips

Your sniper rifle is not a sword

That is the most important rule.

Kidding

Dont be seen
    Be accurate
    Learn about your rifle its a living thing it requires the right food

Comment

The sniper has special abilities, training and equipment. His job is to deliver discriminatory highly accurate rifle fire against enemy targets, which cannot be engaged successfully by the rifleman because of range, size, location, fleeting nature, or visibility. Sniping requires the development of basic infantry skills to a high degree of perfection. A sniper's training incorporates a wide variety of subjects designed to increase his value as a force multiplier and to ensure his survival on the battlefield. The art of sniping requires learning and repetitiously practicing these skills until mastered. A sniper must be highly trained in long-range rifle marksmanship and field craft skills to ensure maximum effective engagements with minimum risk.
      Never in the field of human conflict has so much been fired, at so many, by so few - Apache pilot Steve James

www.deltateam3.co.uk

Comment

Practice and get to know your rifle, i spend hours on a range tweeking little bits here and there, weather conditions etc etc..Get yourself a really good ghillie made, if your gonna take it seriousley, Pm me if you after a hand made one...Mark
        Warrior L96
        TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
        A&K M249 para
        WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

When setting up in heavily bushed areas, to get covered up you often have to go a decent way into a bush or any kind of cover cover etc... Often you will find small plants/ tall grass/ the rest of the bush in front of you which get in your way. Make sure, BEFORE you get into cover, you clear the window of your potential target range.

So basically any small plants or objects that could get in your line of fire, stamp them down. It's no use getting into cover that you can't make a shot from.

I hope that made sense (sorry if it didn't)...
          Trader Feedback:
          New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
          Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. Without my rifle i am nothing, without me my rifle is nothing.

I got that of "jarhead"

Comment

Originally posted by one-shot-one-kill View Post
              This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. Without my rifle i am nothing, without me my rifle is nothing.

I got that of "jarhead"
              Originally from the film "Full Metal Jacket" by Stanley Kubrik

Comment

MAGGOT! that sniper rifle of yours IS AN EXTENSION OF YOUR ARM! if it is less than an eye relive away from you ILL RAM IT UP YOUR ASS! you get me soldier.

THAT RIFLE IS YOU!, you shoot its load further than you can shoot your own,

YOU HIDE IN THE BUSHES MAGGOT!, because being in the open like a gay is not advised!

MAGGOT A GHILLIE IS ESSENTIAL TO WOODLAND WARFARE! unless you like pink maggot.

Learn the 5 S's of camouflage and concealment!

With these tips maggot you will be the best

guaranteed

*Thunk* What the fu- *thumps to the ground*
                ...."allah"

* terrorist sniper walks off into the sunset*

Comment

Originally posted by riclepp View Post
                  Originally from the film "Full Metal Jacket" by Stanley Kubrik
                  Im pretty sure its known as "The Riflemans Creed" and it was being said way before FMJ was made.

Comment

Ok, my loadout is a Delta Sniper, so being in full desert with a black vest how do i adapt these rules to what i do? Or am i closer to being classed as a rifleman?
                    Current Armoury
                    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

Sniping is desert is more of a case of getting behind buildings and rock at a far distance and use clever dinks and dents in your cover to poke your rifle out of

Where do you play felix

Comment

Mostly GZurban but i do a bit of Woodland. I know what you mean, and as urban is urban its not uber important
                        Current Armoury
                        TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

Originally posted by Brisingr! View Post
                          The sniper has special abilities, training and equipment. His job is to deliver discriminatory highly accurate rifle fire against enemy targets, which cannot be engaged successfully by the rifleman because of range, size, location, fleeting nature, or visibility. Sniping requires the development of basic infantry skills to a high degree of perfection. A sniper's training incorporates a wide variety of subjects designed to increase his value as a force multiplier and to ensure his survival on the battlefield. The art of sniping requires learning and repetitiously practicing these skills until mastered. A sniper must be highly trained in long-range rifle marksmanship and field craft skills to ensure maximum effective engagements with minimum risk.
                          Did you really write that lol? .
                          Armoury:
                          JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6935

Comment

Originally posted by skinandbones View Post
                            Did you really write that lol? .
                            http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...und/sniper.htm

Comment

sniping,

don't take shots just because you can,
                              make sure that you know the area that you are in engaging in
                              when you do engage take shots from rear to the front as this will give the elusion that your behind them.
                              walk, never run, slow is smooth
                              know your rifle wether it be a aeg or what ever, (i know my ptw over hops so adjust for it)
                              look for natural choke points
                              be able to read what people will be doing 3/4 steps ahead

when coming to the shot dont get distracted. smooth trigger pulls as rapid ones will jerk the tool thus giving you stray shots

when i think of more ill edit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                              Working...
                              X