Hop Unit for VFC HK416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop Unit for VFC HK416

Can I have your recommendations for a decent hop unit for a VFC HK416? I replaced the original one with a G&P unit (blue gears) but they've just disintegrated (made of cheese, probably).

Please suggest only hop units which are known to fit and work well - due to the faux 'working' bolt assembly, space in there is very tight.

I know the ultimate hop unit fits well without modification. The hop rubber I used didn't work too well, (madbull shark, red). So I put the original unit back in.

Comment

Re: Hop Unit for VFC HK416

Madbull Ultimate? Ok, I'll try to find one in the UK. Cheers.

Comment

Just had a look at one; are you sure the adjustment wheel can be accessed in the VFC? The 'faux bolt' only goes back so far and not far enough to expose the back of the hop unit.

Comment

I could access it fine. It end if the bolt sits flush with the back of the hop unit.

Comment

The unit must sit further forward than normal hop units because the bolt 'cover' on mine only goes as far back as the rear edge of the unit. Thanks, I'll go ahead and buy one.

Comment

For what it's worth, mine's got an ultimate in too and it works fine. No need to trim the fins either, which can be an issue with them.
              sigpic

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                Working...
                X