Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclone7 SOPMOD M4 Mag Pipe Adapter

Hi guys,

I got the Clone sopmod a while back, and im interested to know if the mag pipe adapters work in these rifles?

i ask because i put a standard AEG magazine into the rifle and i can just pull it out without any trouple, wobbling the weapon system too causes the mag to drop out,

how will the pipe keep the magazine seated in the magwell?

any thoughts appreciated
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Parky
    Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Doesn't work with the magwell, it extends the feed tube down to standard mags, as the sopmod mags are taller.

Comment

Re: Cyclone7 SOPMOD M4 Mag Pipe Adapter

okay,

well isnt the mag catch supposed to stop the magazine from coming out..hence the name ?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Parky
      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

If its a total clone of the TM then, yes standard mags can just fall out. The mag catch on the recoil shocks protrudes slightly less than a normal aeg mag catch and needs bending in by something like 1mm ( cant remeber exactly what the adaptor packet said). Of course bending a cast pot metal mag catch is asking for disaster. You could try a dab of jb weld on the catch to extend it a bit.
        The pipe fits well on the TM hop to the point that i had to used needle pliers to prise mine off and decided not to bother with it again. Loosing the bolt stop function just defeated the point of having a recoil shock for me.

Comment

never had a mag fall out on a tm sopmod, i have how ever had it on the clone, check your wirings routed correctly if front wired and that the mag convertors properly seated.

Comment

As above. Put the mag adapter on, an give the hi cap mag you're using a very good strong slap I to the mag well. It won't come out after that!

Comment

In a Marui SOPMOD will this mag adaptor stop the ability to be able to use SOPMOD magazines or can you use both?
              TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

It will stop the standard mags going in. You can only use old style magazines with it in

Comment

Using the adpater will stop you using the recoil mags, until you take the adapter out again. From watching a video these are very easy to fit, and to take off, so you could start a game day using standard m4 hicaps with the adapter, then decide to use your recoil mags and be able to remove the adpater within seconds.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teufelhunden Find out more about Teufelhunden
                  Working...
                  X