Help with CA M15a4 identifying gearbox + upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CA M15a4 identifying gearbox + upgrade help

Hi, so I've been out of airsoft for around 3-4 years just blew the dust of the old classic army. wondering how you tell what type gearbox it has, as i read theres now a type two version or something. I'm 90% sure its the old type as I've had the gun a few years but can someone just confirm it before i waste a load of money.

Also its totally stock inside, want to upgrade most the internals but need a few pointers, want more range out of the thing and a higher rate of fire, obviously a TB barrel will sort the range out a bit, but the ROF I'm clueless on, new gearbox + motor and maybe different battery? I'm not sure if someone could list the parts i should be looking at id appreciate it. i don't really want to spend thousands on it but don't want cheap crap so a happy medium as far as the budget goes. cheers for any help fella's appreciated.

jay
    If You Run You'll Only Die Tired

Guns:
    CA M15 A4 x2
    Vsr G-spec
    P226

Re: Help with CA M15a4 identifying gearbox + upgrade help

if i was you, ( this all depends upon if it works ok as it is) use it, when it breaks then fix it. as for you requirements and not wanting to spend mega, it is rather hard. as a high ROF high fps 350ish? is always tricky to make last long. i'll list a few things can sort bits out.

start of with general performance( increase life of the gun) - normally a few quid

bearing spring guide
    bearing piston head
    polished gears
    "swiss cheesed pistons"
    polished gearbox cash
    (( once put together space the piston head and piston using washers - this makes the angle of alinement on the sector gear much better and will increase the life of the piston ( some people remove 1 back tooth)

ROF increase
    new Battery, and in my experience new wire if it will fit, while trying to keep the number of solder points to a minimum ( 9.6 nimh or if u want a lipo?)
    a new motor will help G&P m120 highspeed.
    those two alone will increase the ROF

now. the tricky bit, making it do 340-50 fps without it blowing itself up.
    TB barrel as said,
    m100 or m110 spring
    TM piston ( or other plastic piston - do no get a pollycarb or metal, reason is poly breaks into bits same as metal which can casue gears to go, tm piston just slowly remove teeth)
    new air nozzle and hopunit, heard good things about madbul
    ( also i use chinese gears in all my guns, cheap if they break not very expensive, SHS stuff is good, would stick to normal 18:1 ratio stuff just give them a good polish)

now.. time to go ADHD
    -as well as polish and what not, take all the O-rings (cylinderhead piston and hopunit - bit that goes into the GB) and soak them in silicon oil on a radiator, them let them dry for a day. them put the back into the gun
    - loads of grease in the cylinder, abby stuff is good (not too much that it fires down the barrel)
    - also greese and tape for hop-unit to the barrel, this stops any air leeks
    - also greese the cylinder head and o-ring to cylinder, suggust real thick stuff, silicone greese by swan is good stuff.

as for gearbox i wouldn't both. you want to use air-compression to increase the FPS, an ak i put together i used a m100 on a 9.6 this gave crazy ROF but only 300 fps, so i taped every little bit of airleeking and it went up to 340-350fps.

Comment

nice one matey top advice, whats the deal with the motors though, I'm looking at a m120 long type.. that the one I'm after? pretty sure that covered everything hough cheers matey, for laziness sake though.. say i just wanted to buy a complete gearbox.. you got any pointers to which ones i should be looking at? cause then i could just replace the whole things as its old anyways, get a new battery,motor, barrel, hop up etc etc and don't have to mess around taking it apart.
      If You Run You'll Only Die Tired

Guns:
      CA M15 A4 x2
      Vsr G-spec
      P226

Comment

if its a m4 type wepoan long type is what you are after. for a complete gearbox? only one i have had experience with is the systema one, which is nice FPS but... rather expensive and very picky on gears.
        Prometheus is probs one of the best out there if u can find it, for a barrel? 6.03 prometheus or madbull. hop-up madbul or element. if its a drop-in hop, you would have to look around ( if they exist) as they do need a little bit of assembly.

back to the point of "drop-in" gearboxes you won't get high fps high rof, normally about 320-340fps, but don't expect major ROF, but add a G&P m120 with a big battery 9.6 you should at least get a decent ROF

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lt.fowler Find out more about lt.fowler
        Working...
        X