Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade high rate of fire AEG

Hi people

I want to ask is there anyway you can upgrade your AEG to shoot at extreme high rate e.g 1000 RPM?

I really want to upgrade my AEG and I want it shoot like crazy 1000 RPM OR more

Anyone got any idea how to?
    I will shoot you all.

Re: Upgrade high rate of fire AEG.....

yes, search the forums or google mate, this has been discussed before

read this ---)> http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9251
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

1000 RPM is about normal. 16/second.

With a MOSFET, standard ratio gears, 8.4v battery and G&P M120 motor that gets you 22/sec (1320/min). Add a 9.6v battery to the mix and 26/sec (1560/min).

Anyways, this kinda post belongs in technical!

(p.s) If you don't know how... then leave it be. You'll only find everything breaks! :D

Comment

You sir need the STRAFER MK4 MOD - google it

you will need a high speed motor, need to properly shim your gears and get the angle of engagement set right etc

though dont get it too high - you will either damage your gun when using it at such a high ROF or you may be banned from using the weapon
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Re: Upgrade high rate of fire AEG

As said read the linked thread, it's stickeyed for a reason.

But 1000rpm isn't very high. The TM Famas shoots at that out of the box.

Comment

If you want fast fast, as in omfg that gun is so fast, you'll need at least

motor wise g&p m120, ICS Turbo 3000, Systema Turbo (fastest on the market atm), or the new Tokyo Marui EG3000 (still tobe released)

You'll need a good set of high speed gears, King Arms, Guarder, Systema or Prometheus (look for a ratio of 16:1 or 13:1, the 13:1 being faster, i'd also recommend helicals as these are designed to take less stress as the teeth are angled)

Low Tension Spring MS100, SP90

Good Bushings or Bearings, Bearing Bushing's for the Bevel gear, bushings for the Sector and Spur (good size would be 7mm/8mm but you may need a new gearbox casing as most are 6mm stock)

A lipo battery of 11.1v or a normal MINH or 9.6v or higher, dont go higher than 12v

good wiring, ethier 16awg or 14awg silcon type

thats the basics, read that thread i posted, its done by keeper, he knows what he's talking about
            Originally posted by bravotwozero
            Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
              a high ROF or you may be banned from using the weapon
              ROF limits, since when!? :D I certianly hope not!

Originally posted by Garf3r View Post

You'll need a good set of high speed gears, King Arms, Guarder, Systema or Prometheus (look for a ratio of 16:1 or 13:1, the 13:1 being faster, i'd also recommend helicals as these are designed to take less stress as the teeth are angled)

Low Tension Spring MS100, SP90

A lipo battery of 11.1v or a normal MINH or 9.6v or higher, dont go higher than 12v
              Systema Turbo/G&P M120 etc paired with an 11.1v Lipo and an Sp90 spring will undoubtedly cause piston failure regardless of brand due to timing issues, you'd be looking at 35rps+, the piston would simply not return in time. 9.6v + turbo + that spring would be fine with the said modifications, but Lipo is a different ball game.

Gear ratios,
              king arms are the only manufacturer out of the 4 you suggested that do ratios in the 13's, and whilst they do have the higher potential for speed, the said motors may not and the battery packs may not be able to sustain the increased current draw due to load that such ratios throw on the motor. High speed motors are typically lower torque, so will struggle more with low ratio gear sets and higher rate springs.
              Think of it more like driving a car, the final gear has the highest potential speed, but the engine does not have the power to pull away in that gear, the stock spring is level ground, higher spring rates are elevation, so it uses higher ratios to climb. With the motor, if it is struggling too much it draws a lot more current and becomes less efficient, and can lead to laggy start ups/semi auto.

Exceeding 1000rpm is easy enough, a 9.6v should knock it over that in most guns
              Last edited by sj_asc; 4 November, 2009, 01:51.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

my mp5k shoots 30+ rounds a second........... 1800 rounds per minute...... :D

Comment

I built a gearbox using 16:1 gears, m95 spring, 8mm bearings, everything else bearings'd, 11.1v lipo and systema magnum high speed motor.
                  Oh, and a custom built AB mosfet.
                  It has now fired over 12k rounds, never skipped a beat. The only problem so far is that it has snapped the anti reversal latch.

Btw SniperJesus, Element make a 13:1 Set

Comment

25ROF and above would be high maintenance, been there done that.
                    Important modification ( 2nd and 3rd tooth shaving and proper AOE)
                    A higher mah Nimh 9.6V is goof enough same with 11.1V 1200mah 12C lipo to reach 25-27ROF(1500-1620 bb's per minute)

Picture shows proper AOE and 2nd/3rd tooth (wisdom tooth) shaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Clot View Post
                      I built a gearbox using 16:1 gears, m95 spring, 8mm bearings, everything else bearings'd, 11.1v lipo and systema magnum high speed motor.
                      Oh, and a custom built AB mosfet.
                      It has now fired over 12k rounds, never skipped a beat. The only problem so far is that it has snapped the anti reversal latch.

Btw SniperJesus, Element make a 13:1 Set
                      I was talking about the manufacturers suggested by Garf3r
                      The Element Gears, like the King Arms sets are just re-branded SHS sets, the actual ratio is nearer 13.7:1 than a dead 13.

How fast was you setup just out of question, and other parts?
                      In all testing I have done, the Guarder SP90 has never been reliably good much past 30rps in mid length barrel setups and using .20g bbs.
                      The exceptions would be if you had short stroked the piston and or used a spring spacer.
                      When you start using high hop settings, longer barrels, Heavier bbs, the piston assembly can slow to the point where it is still returning when the sector gear tooth attempts to engage it. With the sector gear going one way and the piston flying the other, the pickup tooth will take the full impact and most hard polycarbonates cannot take it, this is why you see pistons with their back ends ripped off. For those like the Marui that are far less brittle, they will just wear away at that point far quicker.

Pre-engagement is the main cause of most high ROF failures. I cannot stress enough the importance of balancing the spring rate with the target ROF and preferred BB weight, as well as the ability to perform regular maintenance.
                      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Apologies - re-read it and yeah, you are right.

I wasnt aware of any re-branding, but cool, so long as they work as well.
                        Not fussed about the exact numbers behind the ratio's, so long as they are faster than stock. ( Do you know the stock ratios ? )

Speed, I am not sure, but I would like to think its a good bit past 30. Looking to pick up a chrono with ROF very soon.

The springs I use are Element m95's - Always
                        Other parts include a 6.03 barrel (not sure of length, maybe 280mm), full cylinder, element/systema 'silent' cylinder and piston head. Element bearing spring guide, element clear piston with two teeth removed, energy 8mm bearing gearbox. Stock kalash nozzle, element red hop.

I havent actually fixed the AOE, but I think the silent piston head helps it slightly.
                        If im honest, I just took a big bunch of parts, lobbed it in, made sure it was shimmed well, and fired it up.

When I have more disposable income, i definately want to dabble in the double sector gear teritory, 50+ RPS. Prob never get around to it though

Comment

double sector gear? sounding good.. never heard of it though!
                          Chander

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Its pretty much the next level in aeg gearbox upgrading. Super custom limited run stuff, only available from the guy who makes em ( as far as I know ).

Lots of reading needed before you even attempt this stuff

Comment

lol tbh im never fussed about High ROF now.. realistic is good but being able to smash 36 rounds a second down at the opfor is abit overkill if you ask me.. and if you can hit them with a few shots you need to rethink your tactics lol!
                              Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shooter88 Simple and easy Find out more about shooter88
                              Working...
                              X