kart m14 mag feeding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kart m14 mag feeding issues

hi guy i have had a search about on the forum and google but cant find any info on possible fixes for m14 mags that are not feeding very well.

does anyone know if its worth taking one apart or is it more trouble than its worth.

cheers rich

Re: kart m14 mag feeding issues

dude ive just got an EBR off here and am having the same problems, took it apart, nothing seems wrong am stumpped
    They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

How loose are the mags in the magwell. Also, does it feed one, miss a few, then feed again, or not feed at all?

Also what mags are you using? and is your hop turned down?

Comment

found a link to a US thread saying it is the teppet (think that what it is called) plate or spring, after reading the thread and doing sum steps, like place BB down barrel and then fire it, if it fires sound, then place bb in fedding nozzle and fire, if it done fire it is the plate as stated above, this is located inside the gear box, ill let you all know how the fix goes, am doing on saturday
        They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

yep the plate has snapped oh joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

snapped tappet plate good fun.

my problem was a dodgy mag, once i replaced it it was all ok.

i did however take my m14 apart and its not as hard as i thought the biggest headache i had was getting the gearbox back together the non reverse lever on the gears was the most annoying part, when i went to put the gearbox together it kept springing out of place.

if i was you i would pick up some interal parts and change the lot while you have it apart...

Comment

Im having the same sort of problem with my Kart M14 EBR.

It seems to work fine on semi auto but when I switch to full auto it mis-feeds alot of shots. Although when you turn it upside down it works fine. This would seem to point to a mag problem but I've used a good number and even a few TM mags, all have the same problem.

I've totally stripped the gearbox, everythings ok inside, tappet plate seems to retract far enough and return forward, hop up rubbers ok too.

I have been reading though that with higher battery voltages (it comes with a 9.6v as standard) AEG's can start to misfeed as the timing is out of balance, so I'm hoping to testan 8.4v battery to see the results, otherwise I'll be sourcing a tappet delay clip.

Paul.

Comment

its a custom tappet plate in the kart m14! good luck.. its about 1cm longer to get past the version 2 gears

you guys need to rule out the mags being the problems i think that poor fitting mags was the problem i had, turn the gun upside down and fire a shot it it fires the bb then the guns tapet plate is working but theres not enough pressure feeding the bbs.

Comment

I had the same issue with mine as well. As far as I could work out it was the mags. I did a test involving resting the gun upright on a table, then positioning a tube sytle speedloader into the feed tube, and then pushing the bbs up and I held the trigger down on full auto. It fed fine.

Comment

I have tried the 3 mags I got with the gun (1 high cap and 2 mid caps), as well as 3-4 other TM high caps and a number of TM mid caps all with the same result.

The mags sit good and tight within the mag well, and they are supplying bb's into the feed pipe.

Well, thankfully my tappet plates still ok, but good to know for the future that thanks :D

Is there any truth in the rumour that you can exchange the Kart version 7 gearbox for the TM version 7 gearbox?

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBre
                      Is there any truth in the rumour that you can exchange the Kart version 7 gearbox for the TM version 7 gearbox?
                      Should be able to. But then if you do find out where you can buy these gearboxes, let me know... Very rare.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

yeah it was a complete arse converting my kart gearbox to tm version 7, so many incompatable parts. if you do, get a whole tm second hand or cyma and fit it all in the kart body.

little things like hop unit,air nozzle,metal trigger swith cover, tappet plate,gears,casing, outerbarrel all needed replacing.. after adding up the individual cost of sourcing each part it would have been better buying a new tm m14, a kart ebr, throwing 90% of the kart away and fitting the tm parts everything from upper reciever and mag well to outer barrel set and gearbox.

in fact it would have been better me just maning up in the first place and getting the g&p becuase in all honesty, it probably cost the same, and at least the g&p are based on tm, so id only need to replace it if it breaks with other branded parts, as opposed to nothing out there fitting

IF you can find an echo 1 seller the echo 1 ebr parts will fit the kart ebr, and i know echo1s been growing its sellers list to include the eu now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

inch high pi Find out more about inch high pi
                        Working...
                        X