AB Mosfet with homemade micro switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB Mosfet with homemade micro switch?

Has this been done and documented anywhere on the internet?

I'm trying to figure why I can't just replace the copper contacts with these so that the copper block now push on the button instead of the flimsy copper plate, and since AB mosfet meant there's no high current flowing through the contact, this would give a much better on/off feedback, not unlike the ASCU (which unfortunately only works for V2 gearbox), I'm looking into doing this to either an AK or the TM next-gen m4. Any suggestion?

Sorry for the huge pictures, [img=300x300] didn't do anything on this forum

Re: AB Mosfet with homemade micro switch?

Its possible but you will only have full auto.. What I was thinking of doing was put too buttons in (just slap them where the old contacts where) so I MIGHT still have semi auto...

I have used a micro switch in my nerf gun project but it only fires full auto as I couldn't figure out the cut off lever assembly. The ASCU has two buttons one for the trigger and the other is for sensing the cut off lever so it knows to shut off the circuit after the first shot so the gun becomes semi auto.. Hence why it can do three round burst.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
      Its possible but you will only have full auto.. What I was thinking of doing was put too buttons in (just slap them where the old contacts where) so I MIGHT still have semi auto...

I have used a micro switch in my nerf gun project but it only fires full auto as I couldn't figure out the cut off lever assembly. The ASCU has two buttons one for the trigger and the other is for sensing the cut off lever so it knows to shut off the circuit after the first shot so the gun becomes semi auto.. Hence why it can do three round burst.
      I'm still using the same contact block as before, except instead of using it to close the circuit, I'm just using it to push a button that closes the circuit... so wouldn't the cut off lever still be able to push it away from the button after the cycle thus breaking the circuit like it used to before?

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
        I'm still using the same contact block as before, except instead of using it to close the circuit, I'm just using it to push a button that closes the circuit... so wouldn't the cut off lever still be able to push it away from the button after the cycle thus breaking the circuit like it used to before?
        Yeah it should do but when I attempted it I failed, it fired full auto but wouldn't work on auto... I would rather do the hair line trigger mod than going through all the faf to try to fit a mirco switch.

Comment

I started a project like yours a few weeks back, just never had time to finish it!
          This is where I got up to:
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ger-in-a-v2-GB
          . .

Comment

Originally posted by windywindmill View Post
            I started a project like yours a few weeks back, just never had time to finish it!
            This is where I got up to:
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ger-in-a-v2-GB
            That's amazing, pretty much exactly what I've got in mind, thanks for the link, I'll post pictures once I've dived into it.

Comment

Cool will good to see how your comes on just haven't got the time at the moment to carry on with mine
              . .

Comment

my dad put one into an AK, as said only full-auto, and it requires alot of modding and in the case on an AK, alot of extra bits, but the results are AMAZING, 8.4 batt gives an insane ROF and the trigger response is the same as any Raptor fet, draw-backs are only full-auto and in the case of the AK, very time consuming. the results speak for themselves though.

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                  my dad put one into an AK, as said only full-auto, and it requires alot of modding and in the case on an AK, alot of extra bits, but the results are AMAZING, 8.4 batt gives an insane ROF and the trigger response is the same as any Raptor fet, draw-backs are only full-auto and in the case of the AK, very time consuming. the results speak for themselves though.
                  Using the original trigger block to push the switch will keep the semi fire ability as the cutoff should release it from the trigger, just got to make sure the position of the micro switch is right so it's not too far forward or back.
                  Should, fingers crossed.
                  . .

Comment

Originally posted by windywindmill View Post
                    Using the original trigger block to push the switch will keep the semi fire ability as the cutoff should release it from the trigger, just got to make sure the position of the micro switch is right so it's not too far forward or back.
                    Should, fingers crossed.
                    Yeah thanks for confirming that, keep wondering why everyone (well, 2 people) are quite sure semi won't work, which for me is a deal breaker considering I pretty much never use anything but semi, but mechanically I can't figure out why it wouldn't work since I'm using the same contact block.

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
                      Yeah thanks for confirming that, keep wondering why everyone (well, 2 people) are quite sure semi won't work, which for me is a deal breaker considering I pretty much never use anything but semi, but mechanically I can't figure out why it wouldn't work since I'm using the same contact block.
                      I think they're not looking at it as replacing just the electrical contacts with the microswitch. They're thinking the trigger directly pushes the switch, which would mean full auto only.
                      The idea of using the existing mechanical setup, but replacing just the contacts with the switch ought to work. If you can get the mechanical layout right.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blobface Find out more about blobface
                      Working...
                      X