Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What spring to put in my A&K SR25 for 450fps on 0.2g BB's

Hi,

I want to DMR my SR-25, it's locked to semi at the moment so 450 should be ok.

It's sitting at around 350 at the moment and my TM M4 SOPMOD at 280 is outranging it so I deffo need a new spring in there. I'll be fitting a 6.03 tightbore at the same time as the spring but other than that it will be stock.

What can the stock gun handle power wise, and what spring to get it there. Thanks,

A link to the spring would be great.

Re: What spring to put in my A&K SR25 for 450fps on 0.2g BB's

Bump

Comment

As far as I was aware FPS is exactly that Feet Per Second, the speed the BB will get from point A to point B, yes it will have a bearing on your range to a small extent but the Hop-Up is what essentially dictates your range hence the popularity of TM hop-up's. The physics involved with the effects that the hop have on your BB's is the range.

The barrel is going to be your groupings and accuracy.

You have answered your own question as to why your 280 SOPMOD is outranging your 350 A&K SR25 and thats simple your SOPMOD is TM

I wouldn't bother putting a new spring in, I'd change your hop-unit / bucking. Possibly stick a TM or Guarder in there. 6.03 Tightbore isn't a bad shout either.

I could be wrong though and I know I haven't directly answered your question but I don't believe you need to go replacing the spring just yet
      I'm not a puppet, I'm a real boy!

Comment

upgrade hop unit, upgrade barrel, upgrade hop ruber and last but not least get an m120 LONG spring, make sure that it is a long one for elongated cylinders, im pretty sure that it is the same length as the psg1 but im not 100% on that that should bump you up to around 420 depending on your air seal although you will then have to lock it off on semi to make it site legal at most sites.
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

A tight bore barrel can have a negative effect on fps especially if you get a longer one. Air can build up behind the bb as it acts as a blockage so air will be wasted in the non air tight parts. Then being where the hop up rubber meets the hop up, and where the nozzel jet meets the hop up. Also having a vented or non vented cylinder will also play a part in the effect of a tbb

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just match the tightbore to the cylinder nothing more, full cylinder is used in the sr25 so as long as your barrel isnt going shorter youll have no issues. Think the above poster has got a bit confused.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice guys. Why do you not recommend me putting a stronger spring in? It's a cheap mod (like £10) and should get my bullets firing faster. If something is going faster the drag will take a longer time to slow it down and it should therefore go further. Surely that's the case!?

Tightbore and hop parts are more expensive so they can wait untill if I see i'm happy with the gun firing stock at 420-430ish

This would be too short? EDIT: Link don't work are we not allowed to link items?
              Last edited by Wrcallar; 17 March, 2012, 23:09.

Comment

I found this info: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...spring-s-(fps) and http://www.airsoftanswers.com/airsof...-Sniper-_17992

Just compiling it for future reference

I think from the factory these are meant to fire at 430ish mines firing 330 today on my mates chrono! From that info it would appear that normal aeg spring fit right? Gnna get myself a Guarder M120 at fit that and see what the results are if someone can confirm the linked post is correct

Comment

http://www.humboldtairsoft.com/forum...p?topic=2547.0
                  http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=22927

Might also get the bore up kit and a 650mm tightbore when the time comes! We will see! :D http://www.humboldtairsoft.com/forum...p?topic=2547.0
                  Last edited by Wrcallar; 17 March, 2012, 23:46.

Comment

http://www.c3airsoft.com/showthread.....html?p=227985

Vid to help me install tightbore. Deffo gnna go for the 650 and the bore up kit. Might as well do it properly first time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn8a...eature=related Need to find out if the 650mm Mad Bull Python will fit ok
                    Last edited by Wrcallar; 18 March, 2012, 00:04.

Comment

Guys, if this a similar gearbox to mine? Should I follow this info when upgrading my spring? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqEUd...eature=related

Will a JG M130 be OK? Not the best make but it's cheap. As mines only firing at 330 I think the person before me must have put something like an M90 in there

Comment

Use an m120, that will give you a good 400 fps with 0.2's, however, you wanna be using maybe 0.28's, and then get a new hop-up rubber, and finally a tightbore.

Comment

Thanks, I think it has a hard hop up rubber in there the previous owner did

I realise now that the gearbox is similar to a normal V2 but a bit longer inside. As a result if I put a M130 in, it will actually give fps figures representative of an M120 in a normal v2.

I have a JG M110,M120 & M130 set on the way so can try out the M130. As long as I put the gearbox back together exactly how it came apart it should all be fine right? I won't need to worry about shimming anything because it would have already been shimmed? I'll be sure to silicon grease up where recommended

Comment

lol, I can just see the *airsofter enters local shop, carrying plastic bag of gearbox parts...*

erm, any chance you can fit this spring for me? I think I have all the parts.... lmao

Comment

Oh thanks for the vote of confidence!

I've watched plenty of gearbox tutorial videos. It seems pretty easy to me! Maybe because i'm used to stripping down my rc cars and completely rebuilding those that I feel more confident.

Put everything back as it was... then what could possibly go wrong!?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wrcallar Find out more about Wrcallar
                              Working...
                              X