Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor overheating

Hey all,
    I was test firing my TM M4 today and after a few shots on semi and a few bursts on auto i notic that the pistol grip was burning hot.
    I loosened/tightened the pistol grip plate to adjust the motor height after it had cooled down and that did nothing, it still got really hot.
    Then i took the motor out and waited for it to cool down and put it back in and he same thing is happening.
    Could anybody think of what could be going wrong ?

Thanks,

Bert.

Re: Motor overheating

have you had any work done to the gb ? most times this is only down to shimming or motor hight
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

The only time the gearbox was opened was when the gun was wired to the rear, and that was done by someone who knows what there doing.
      Since ive taken the motor out and put it back in, the gun keep locking up on semi and i have to fire on auto then go back to semi for it to work.

Comment

After looking about other foums i found a topic found some posts

" Changing the fuse isn't going to tell you jack. STOP USING THE GUN NOW! Or you might just kill it.

1) Magnets loose strength when heated.... so you're killing it by continuing to use it.
        2) Your grip should not be getting warm. If the heat of your motor is warming your grip enough to feel it... it's way to hot.

Take out the battery and the fuse. With a meter, check for continuity between the fuse holder (nearer the gearbox side), and the negative lead coming from the gearbox. You should not have continuity. If you do, then you have a short somewhere.

Either you have a short or you have a very high load. You could have a part failing in the gearbox increasing the load."

some 1 else was saying about trying the motor in another gun if you have 1
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I think i have sorted it now.

Comment

it would be handy to know what you did and if it works, so we could referr future people with the same problem here.....
            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

AS far as i am aware it was the motor height and i just kept tightening and loosening the screw for 10 mins or so untill it sounded right and now its not etting hot.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
              Working...
              X