Gun making odd noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun making odd noise...

After stripping my mp5 down and re assembling it, the gun is making a odd noise. like a grinding noise.

I think this is possbily something to do with the motor but im not sure...

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Gun making odd noise...

Did you remember to put the spacer back in? If so try adjusting the motor height via the small grub screw in the center. Start from loose then tighten until gear noise is quietist.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

it could be your forgot to time the pistong with the sector gear, and the grinding noise in the sector chewing up the rack as it cant pull it back far enough to time itself properly....might not be but thats what i did on my first gearbox takedown....

or if you mis-shimmed it, one gear could be grinding the side of another, but the load that would put on your motor would blow your fuse probably.

good luck! :P
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Gearbox timing is a myth. The big back tooth of the piston won't fit into the space between sector gear teeth, and so it's not possible to mistime it and have the gearbox closed.

Comment

as above gear timing is a complete myth, check your motor height adjustment, gearbox shimming hasnt been disturbed, and finally that the piston never moved when gearbox was closed and is not in the guide rail properly.
          im presuming from your post that the gun still fires, but has the rate of fire slowed right down indicating any of the above problems, and does it have a fuse fitted in the wiring as some make especially the cheaper ones dont.
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

i know that the large tooth wont fit into the sector gear spacing, which is why my sector gear ground it to a paste :P
            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

i had the same problem with my m4, it'll be the grub screw on the bottom of the pistol grip, just give it a half turn clockwise, fire and if it still is making the same noise, repeat until it doesnt
              Originally posted by fijitstiks
              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
              Originally posted by N3ADS
              Is this you talking from experience ?..
              Originally posted by fijitstiks
              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Was gonna say, ive never timed any of my gearboxes, just dumped the gears in, put it all back together and pressed the trigger...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                Working...
                X