Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow trigger response??

Hi there,

I have upgraded an m15a4 into a dmr. I bought the gun second hand from someone a little while ago now and have since upgraded the gun with the following items;

Firefly hop rubber and hop up packin
    Systema 6.04 inner barrel
    Systema Area 1000 cylinder and cylinder head
    Prometheus Spring Guide
    Guarder Piston head (ventilated)

It has also had a new tappet plate installed. As far as I know the rest is still stock for however long the gun has been kicking around (I'm guessing quite a few years now).

My problem is that I use the gun on semi auto and the trigger response isn't all that quick. I think the motor may be the cause as it's probably getting a bit old now, but I'm not sure. Would this be the most likely problem and if so what would be the best motor to get to give a far better trigger response. I run the gun on a lipo just to let people know.

Also the magazine have a tendency to misfeed from time to time. Is there anything I can do to help out this problem?

Appreciate any help people can give me.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Re: slow trigger response??

Did yu check your shimming? If its perfect then check your motor height if thats fine just get a SHS high torque motor..

Comment

What battery are you using? Is it charging properly? If it is an old one it could be on its last legs...
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

few tips

1. make sure wires are solid ( or 1 connection) reduce resistence
        2. get a high torque motor if don't already have one ( Eg1000, SHS or G&P 160)
        3. make sure battery is charged
        4. if u got the money - get a Raptor fet.

Comment

surely you'd want stranded core wire?

-have you checked for any arcing/ cleaned all your connections & trigger contacts?
          -if you have a different motor see if that gives you any noticable difference, your motor may be dying, or you may not have an appropriate motor relative to the spring youre trying to pull, assuming you have a higher powered spring for your dmr?

f youre more concerned w/ getting a better trigger response and the root of the problem isnt so important, use a FET in your set up, switch to deans (if not already) and use a higher voltage battery, all of these are ofcourse rps upgrades which will inevitably increase trigger response.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
          Working...
          X