The g&p 8mm gearbox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The g&p 8mm gearbox...

Hey guys, eventually getting round to making a project dmr rifle, now i'll be looking to get one of the g&p body kits that includes grip gearbox etc...

So i'm wondering, will a g&p 8mm gearbox be able to take 425 fps? (i.e. the shell wont easily crack?)

and also, if yes, what parts will need to be changed out other than the spring and to put bushes instead of bearings in? will the gears need changing to torque?

and will the g&p m120 motor be enough for 425fps? is the m120 a torque motor, and if not would say an SHS ultra torque be better option?

thanks

Re: The g&p 8mm gearbox...

Don't know about the shell at 425fps, but the G&P m120 is a high speed motor. You could try it and see if it's OK beofre you buy another motor.

Comment

I've got a G&P sentry, imported....it arrived with a stock FPS of 420. The shell should be fine
      Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

1) The shell shouldn't crack, but if there is the slightest defect in the casing then overtime it will become more and more likely to happen. Radiusing the corners of the cylinder holder will help with this
        2) Nothing else should need to be replaced really!
        3) The motor will cope just fine, however for £25-£30 upgrading to an ultra torque sometime in the future may be something for you to consider
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Great cheers, and will the gears handle 420? i won't need torque type?

Comment

if shimming and AOE is perfect i wouldnt imagine there would be the slightest problem
            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

my m16 had a tightbore madbull barrel a standard shell chinese gears and m120 highspeed, pushed 500 with a m110, just need good compression, that should increase life of the shell by giving more of a air cushion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
              Working...
              X