Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Upgrading the TM M14, which way do I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading the TM M14, which way do I go?

Hello all,

I am currently in two minds where to take my recently acquired TM M14 SOCOM. In one scenario, I'd like to keep it under 330 fps and dig as much range out of it as possible whilst doing so to have full auto capabilities for when things go abit wrong. Though I really would like to take it to under 350fps, lock it to semi only and get as much range as possible.

I know the range of this thing as it is now is already very useable, but I'd like to see what it can really do.

My first plan which keeps it under the 330fps mark involves the following upgrades;

- G&G Ball Race Bearings, 6mm
    - Guarder Steel Gear Set V7
    - Systema 1J Spring
    - Systema 6.04mm barrel cut to length.
    - Big-Out Barrel Holders. (To stabilise the inner barrel throughout the outer barrel as I've noticed alot of play inside it)

The second plan involves using a stronger spring, possibly a Guarder SP120 spring amongst other upgrades to the piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head etc. Though if I would go down the power route, would I be better off using the Guarder SP120 Full Tune Up Kit for the M14? Or would I be better off using a collection of different components?

Any help would be appreciated.

- Chris
    sigpic
    http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Re: Upgrading the TM M14, which way do I go?

Ok, well if your going for a higher spring, them you will need gears, and the guarder FTK is a pretty cost-effective kit, i have one in my m14. However, you may want to buy an air-seal nozzle seperate (not guarder or SHS (wrong dimensions)) as the guarder one doesnt have an o-ring in it. Bear in mind the spring although it says 'SP120' it is more like an m130 as guarder chrono their springs with 0.25's ive heard so take that into account. Also i would highly reccommend an AB mosfet with an 11.1 lipo with the build and if you are going with the higher fps, dont use the bearings, use the bushings in the FTK.
    In terms of barrel wobble, you can wrap PTFE tape round it (barber pole style) to absorb vibration and keep it steady

Comment

Oh and also, get a new piston, possibly pistonhead, as the guarder one is a little brittle, so from the kit, for a 400-420 ish build you can use:
      -Spring guide
      -Bushings
      -Shims
      -Grease
      -Cylinder
      -Cylinder head
      -Gears
      -Tappet plate
      -Spring (if your willing to go up to maybe 440 fps then you can use the spring and its pretty good)

Comment

Thanks for the help, though I -need- to lock it down to 350fps as my site is a 350fps Max. limit for all AEGs regardless of being Semi-auto only.
        sigpic
        http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Well if its 350, might as well keep it auto, and in that case, you dont really need to replace the cylinder, cylinderhead, piston or piston head, just get yourself a m100 and bearing spring guide, and an air seal nozzle and some better gears as well as a 7.4v lipo. Still keep with the bushings rather than bearings.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teddykiller I am who I am, and that is all, just a fellow airsofter ready to talk b******* anytime! Find out more about Teddykiller
          Working...
          X