Low Fps on some of my aegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Fps on some of my aegs

i bought a g&g m14 ebr about 6 months ago, had it downgraded by the retalier to 320fps. finally got round to using it a few weeks ago but it chronoed at 230-260fps, range was still gd but fps low, any suggestions why this is?

Re: Low Fps on some of my aegs

Bad air seal maybe? Whack some PFT tape around the end of the hop unit where the barrel enters and see if that makes any difference.

But then again, if range is good, does it really matter about the FPS? Power isn't everything...... : D
    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

where do I start?

Not going to mention the crap internals of g&g...

More than likely you have left the gun with the piston not "parked"

When you "clear" your gun after playing, it shoud be done in single shot, NOT full auto, this via the cut off switch in the gearbox, only allows for a single rotation of the gearbox parts, including the piston, (assuming everything is tickedy boo inside the gun..) leaving it at rest in the cylinder, and not 3/4 cocked and crushing the spring.

Leaving the spring compressed over time shortens the life of the spring and weakens its action, lowering your fps.

Other cause, hop rubber, poor and dry hop rubber can drastically effect air seal, first upgrade on cheapsoft guns like g&g's, massive improvement in performance and usually in fps too.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, just wandering if it could be because the gun is new, and that was the first time it had been used? When i first used my ics mp5 it chronoed at 220fps but after a full days skirmish it was upto 310 fps, also i havnt ever really dissasembled any of my aegs so dont wanna balls up a 400 quid gun lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jws009uk Find out more about jws009uk
        Working...
        X