Celcius CTW/ Systema ptw small (big? ) problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius CTW/ Systema ptw small (big? ) problem

Hello guys i just received my new ECU + Mosfet for my CTW. I installed it, there is LED lighting on while i press bolt catch, meaning there is power on ECU and since there is power on ECU mosfet should also work no problem... however my gun does not shoot. Could this be related to selector switch board ?? any help / advise on how to test would be nice

Edit : LED is flashing
    Last edited by Infa; 25 March, 2012, 15:10.

Re: Celcius CTW/ Systema ptw small (big? ) problem

Ok update : LED was flashing because battery was low... i connected charged battery led is still, when i press trigger nothing happens. When in semi ( i checked voltage on motor ) and when pressed this was the result 0V -> 9V -> 0V, when in full auto holding trigger result was 0V->9V->0V as well ( and motor in both cases not spinning ??

Comment

Have you connected to correct type of control lead and the lead to the selector switch correctly?
      What ECU is it?
      Have you tried holding the bolt catch in when shooting?
      Is the fuse in properly?
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I have connected everything as it should be, also its quite impossible to connect it wrong way ( you have 3 and 4 pin plug ). I have Etiny ECU + MOSFET, I have tried holding bolt catch when "trying" to shoot. Fuse is in properly

Comment

Check the control wires to make sure you haven't nicked any of the cables, especially by the buffer tube.
          It could also be a faulty board or even a board that doesn't work with the gun, the Airsoft surgeon one was pap.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It would be strange as all electronics are new and from same manufacturer. hmm Cables seems to be in good shape all around as well.

Comment

But some manufacturers just don't get it right. The AS one is renowned for being crap, not sure about yours though.
              Best bet might be speaking to the PTW community.

What battery are you using?

Comment

9.6V Nimh firefox,
                PS: Also the electronics i have by Etiny - all reviews say they are flawless.
                Could there be a problem with selector switch board ??

Comment

Ok it seems like its defo motor failure. I have connecter battery to motor directly and motor still not spinning. I wonder how could i repair it ;/

Comment

Originally posted by Infa View Post
                    I have connected everything as it should be, also its quite impossible to connect it wrong way ( you have 3 and 4 pin plug ). I have Etiny ECU + MOSFET, I have tried holding bolt catch when "trying" to shoot. Fuse is in properly
                    soddin ipad, too easy to press dislike.....arrrgh.

Comment

just buy a brand new motor, £90! cheaper than a tack rewind that till get you a couple more months out of your old one...

Comment

Pick up a new celcius motor for £60 from HK... Google is your friend

My boards went in a CTW then the motor went, then replacement boards didn't work... Got there in the end but was a nightmare gun for me
                        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

@Madwelshman - Tac won't touch a Celcius, he's strictly PTW only.

Have a look on the CTW forum, they've got a list of almost every problem possible that could happen to your CTW if you have no further luck buddy.
                          They should also have a guide somewhere for the motor

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmithy View Post
                            @Madwelshman - Tac won't touch a Celcius, he's strictly PTW only.
                            Simply due to the amount of work he has on his plate sorting all the issues the systema has!!! lol fail!!!

Buy british, get a warranty on the parts... send them back if for some reason the genuine celcius parts dont work, buy cheap from hk... good luck to you!

Comment

Wouldn't use him anyway, most of what he does can be done at home and for a hell of a lot cheaper.
                              I'd like to know the reasoning behind not touching CTWs!
                              It's like a shop not working on an A&K SR25 or something because it's a clone.

You could try and wind the motor yourself but you need pretty good knowledge on it, something to balance the fields and most require an armature winder to get the correct tension and layout. Used to do my own for RC cars years ago.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Infa not bother to write about it.... ! Find out more about Infa
                              Working...
                              X