Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hop rubber opinions.

hi all.

firstly i apologise if this is elswhere on here but i have had a look and cant find an answer.

im looking to renew the hop rubber (and nub if possible) on a couple of my aeg's

the first one is a 2 year old jg g36c which has been used as a primary since i picked it up new
    the second one is an old ca mp5a2 which i picked up in a swap and looks pretty used and needed a bit of love and attention to get it up and running.

i think its a good idea to renew the hop rubbers to give them a freshen up.

im after some opinions on a couple that im looking at buying

1. the systema hop rubber (with no nub) heard they are good
    2 madbull shark 60 with x nub. ive heard they can have issues with certain aeg's
    jbu hop rubber (with no nub)

ive had a look and the nubs look ok so i could reuse them if needed.

also if anyone has any info about the bic pen nub thing id love to get some advice about if its an emergancy fix or if people use it to replace a nub in general.

i was also thinking while i have the aeg apart is it worth going into the gearbox (ive done it quite a few times unfortunatly) to stick sme teflon tape around the o-ring?

sorry for the rant and cheers for any help

rich.

Re: hop rubber opinions.

Hi

My 2 pence:

Hop rubber and nub recommendation 1 - In my honest opinion I would go for neither of those rubbers, TM rubbers are excellent and can be easily obtained. Element H type nubs generally work well with TM rubbers as they change the form of the internal contact area into a C shape rather than a point contact. Otherwise just stick with what you currently have and what is working for you.

Hop rubber and nub recommendation 2 - To really push the boat out you could go for a Firefly soft rubber and nub combination as these are probably the best you can buy. However they do cost, and are hard to get a hold of. These are best used with the Firefly nubs which are a completely different shape to your standard nub.

Bic pen nub - this is often used to replace a nub in general. People generally replace the nub with this harder material to provide a more stable hop for full auto or rapid fire.

Gearbox - If you feel up for the challenge, it maybe worth giving the gearbox a clean-up, re-shimming where necessary and re-greasing.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

ADs
    ADs

Comment

Re: hop rubber opinions.

cheers ads.

i ended up grabbing the madbull rubbers as i was going to a game yesterday and needed to repair a faulty one in my mp5. it seemed to work rather well but then i also replaced the spring and stuck some teflon tape round the cylinder head as there was a massive issue with compression. like i say the madbull seemed ok in the mp5, however it was def no good for a g36 so stuck with the original.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

inch high pi Find out more about inch high pi
      Working...
      X