Installing a Prometheus hop into a G&P M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Prometheus hop into a G&P M4

Hola all, I recently purchased a prommy tightbore for my G&P M4.

I was thinking about installing a prommy tightbore to continue the improvements.

Is it worth the £50 investment and are there any issues/mods needed to install it?

Also, with my prommy tb it didnt come with the metal ring that slides down the barrel and lodges in the end of the hop to fix it in place. did anyone else have this issue?

cheers

Arnie

Re: Installing a Prometheus hop into a G&P M4

You want to buy the TB or the Hop unit...

With the Hop unit you should get the copper ring. Or you can get one if you buy a Systema rubber.

Got a Prometheus TB with Prometheus Hop unit and rubber and it all fits very well as expected. Very good air seal.
    If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

I already have the tb so was thinking of getting the hop up chamber. I tried using the copper ring from my g&p barrel but it wouldnt fit.

Did you notice a significant improvement installing the prommy parts?

Comment

I am not very good as judging range/accuracy because I don't have access to a range and mainly play CQB.
        Also the fact that I went from a 360FPS stock Combat Machine CM16 to a 320FPS Prometheus Barrel/Hop/Rubber with Full SHS internal.
        I can say that it has a bit less range that my 330FPS PDI/Firefly m4 but in woodland I didn't really feel the fact of being outrange. Accuracy was quite good as far as I recall.

After the unit is still expensive knowing that you will even have to use some part of you old Hop-unit.
        Perhaps not a very helpful comment but if you are happy with your current setup, just keep it...
        If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sunburnthammer Find out more about sunburnthammer
        Working...
        X