Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85A2 Magazine Advice Needed

Hi there,

After cracking out my L85 for a game yesterday, I was disappointed to find that the grey MAG 190Rd mid-caps I was fielding just don't work! They sit very loosely in the magwell, so they don't feed unless I adopt the uncomfortable position (at least, with a bullpup) of holding the magazine up so the mag could actually feed.

Fortunately, I was already eyeing up some PTS Emags because I've been saving in the airsoft piggy bank for something like this. That said, I can recoup most of the cost by selling on my current magazines *if* the loose magazine problem is isolated to ICS L85s. I don't want to sell on bad magazines!

So, bottom line. Do ICS L85s just have a larger magwell, or are the MAG midcaps a bit small, or a combination of the two? I don't have any M4 or M16s to test my mags against, so I'm relying on your collective wisdom.

Thanks for the help chaps,
    Pete

Re: ICS L85A2 Magazine Advice Needed

no need to buy new mags mate, just a common issue with dif guns and mags, just wiggle the mag until you fing the spot wheere it is feeding and apply tape to the magwell to insure mags go into that position when you insert them, 5 min job really, no need to waste any money

Comment

I'm actually having the same issue with my ICS L85A2.

I have a selection of G&G / G&P / Genuine Magpul high and mid caps and none them will feed well apart from the ICS high caps :-(

I'll need to try the wiggle and tape method then

Comment

Unfortunatly i cant offer you advice on the mags your using but i use the Emags on my ICS l85 and they run like a dream

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, especially wilky, I think we're on the same wavelength.

I wasn't entirely clear to begin with, I'm intending to move to E-Mags anyway, I was just trying to work out if the L85's magwell was just peculiar or if I've there's something about my current mags that I'd need to describe in the classifieds. A more accurate question would be:
          "Are E-Mags larger than MAG Mid-caps and, if so, do they fit L85 magwells better?"
          I don't really want to take the time to do the fix only to have to have to tear it out again when the new mags arrive.

I blame airsofting for wearing me out and my friends for keeping me up last night and making me incomprehensible in the morning!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Peter12378 Find out more about Peter12378
          Working...
          X