Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCU Dead - Help!?

Right..

So I just installed my brand new ASCU V2 in to my M16. Fit everything as per the instructions and made the modification to the selector plate.
    Put everything back together everything seemed fine. Fitted the battery got the beep and all that jazz. Chronoed the it. Everything was working perfectly. Loaded up a new mag and headed out side. fired of a small burst and everything stopped. No beep, nothing. Tried a different battery, took it apart, checked the data cable. Absolutely dead

Any ideas? So frustrating!
    Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
    The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Re: ASCU Dead - Help!?

One of mine did the exact same thing mate, it was fried. Eeeerrrmm, what motor are you using and is there no beeps whatsoever? Bear in mind you have to have SAFE selected when you plug the battery in, it wont startup or beep if on auto or semi. And have you accidently entered the hop unit programme mode at all?
    sigpic

Comment

Im starting to think its fried. Im using a SHS torque motor, no beeps what so ever. Yeah I have it in safe when I plug the batterie in. Interesting, how could I get out of that?

Comment

Read the manual, it says about entering hop programme mode. SAFE, plug battery in and within 2 secs switch to semi and press trigger. See if it beeps or not and let me know.
        sigpic

Comment

Still nothing.

Comment

Ive got to say, unless there is a wire loose/motor connector off/short in wiring/or data cable broken then it must be fried. Are you sre the gearbox pin above the trigger cleared the data cable and hasnt snapped or nipped it.
            sigpic

Comment

Literally dissembled the gun and check everything over, no broken wires or anything. Everything connected and no bare wires.

Comment

I think the battery may have fried it mate. I usually let mine sit for an hour or two after charging, you shouldnt plug them straight in after a charge. Check with the retailer you got it from, they may replace it under the years warrenty
                sigpic

Comment

I did not plug the battery in straight away after it was charged? either way I have email the retailer.

Comment

I read that mate, im only trying to help diagnose it! you said it was a freshly charged battery? Fresh to me means just charged.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know, I know. Ah lightly different to me! Just strange it was shooting fine, then it all died

Comment

Years warranty with all electrical goods no matter what. As long as theirs no physical defects the retailers need to replace it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanEly Find out more about DanEly
                        Working...
                        X