Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ASG Steyr AUG A2 - Something fell out of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Steyr AUG A2 - Something fell out of it!

So my aug was misfiring today when I was testing it. The first bb in the magazine was rolling out the end, the rest just weren't firing. So I took it into it's 3 parts, and something fell out of it. A little black strip of metal with holes in it. Picture linked bellow...

Anyone have any idea what that is, where it goes? It fell out the rear third of the gun. Somehow it's stopped misfiring, and fired 8 of the 10 bb's I put in the midcap. The other 2 weren't firing, when I took the magazine out they fell out with it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A few notes on the gun,

Been skirmished once(Just once! I know I've had too much Uni work to do)
    Cleaned regularly, not the gearbox though as I have no idea where I would even begin.
    Never dropped or banged heavily.

Thanks guys and girls!

Re: ASG Steyr AUG A2 - Something fell out of it!

edit: sorry I was wrong ,too quick to answer

Comment

Hi buddy it fits underneath the takedown pin thing (the metal block you push out to split the aug into the upper and lower receiver) It should clip accross the hole underneath the takedown pin, it makes it more secure.

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
        Hi buddy it fits underneath the takedown pin thing (the metal block you push out to split the aug into the upper and lower receiver) It should clip accross the hole underneath the takedown pin, it makes it more secure.
        Ahh okay, that makes sense. The takedown pin thing seems really stiff to initially push through, then really loose once the upper(lower?) receiver has been taken off. As long as that not being there isn't going to be an issue then that's fine. I will eventually put it back in.

I think the issue is with the magazine. I just put 10 bb's into it. The first 6 fired off fire, the 7th dropped out the end and the rest didn't fire. They fell out when I took the mag out. When I put 5 in, the first fired, the 2nd dropped out the end and the rest fell with the mag. So it seems like the last 4 rounds of that mag don't feed properly. Would that be because of the magazine itself, or my gun?

Also one more little question, which I just thought shouldn't be a problem. But what if I'm firing on full auto, the 4th from last bb runs down the barrel and the 3rd from last somehow fires... would that damage my barrel/gun in any way?

Thanks for the help btw

Comment

it wouldn't cause damage as such but that 3rd one would not hit the target as it pushes the otherone out the barrel,most mid caps don't feed every bb

Comment

Try spraying a little bit of gun silicone into the mag , a 1second burst is enough and then load mag and fire as usual

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chiefyk Find out more about chiefyk
            Working...
            X