Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM M14 Not firing?

Hey,

First of if anyone can help in any way shape of form it would be much appreciated. I have been scratching my head over this rifle for weeks. I have an AGM M14 that was working great when i first got it. took it to my site and was too hot! FPS was too high, at the site they gave me the advise of cutting down the spring in the gearbox this would alow less tension and would bring the FPS down.

With this being my first rifle i looked around and watched videos to get to the gearbox, this was done and everything was fine! i cut down the spring by around 2 cm so not alot at all. put it all back together and thought i would check out the hop up as i didnt have great range/accuracy. I have replaced the hop up unit and has all fit on and seems fine. After connecting the battery the gearbox does its usual and sounds as if its a normal shot. The BB's dont seem to be passing through the bucking, they seem to sit in the area of the Hop up.

I really dont know what to do?
    i feel like throwing this out im loosing patience with it!

Please if theres anyone that could offer any advise/help please let me know.

Im in the manchester area

email/pm me
    [email protected]

Re: AGM M14 Not firing?

If the gb is cycling fine then check the tappet plate and spring as is the is to tight or the tappet plate is broken tht will stop it from firing.........

If not that then ur air seal could be crap .. as u put in a new hop rubber, the new one will be stiffer than the old one so it will need vgood airseal to force it throw ........

If neither of them work then try the old hop and tht back in it and test again

Oh bear in mind each coil u cut of a spring will take off about 15 fps each ok

Comment

Oh yer if u have a new air nozzle in it .. it may be to long or if not replaced it, the old one may have been knocked and not sitting right ie to far forwards .... this would stop it from firing aswel

Comment

Also, if the new nozzle is too short, it won't make a seal, and could be blowing the air into the magazine.

Comment

Right guys heres an update!

Today been into the gearbox to see what was happening, looks like the tappet plate had slipped off the air nozzle. all sorted and all put back together. Now BB's do come through BUT....only once every so often, and two/three seem to be bursting out at the same time? mags are fine so they will feed. could this be something todo with the bucking? i have replaced the hop up and all assembled correctly. just odd now

any help is much appreciated guys!

FYI i only replaced the hop up unit. i am still using the same air nozzle and hop up rubber (bucking)

Comment

Right lol boxs to no I'm right about the nozzle lol ....... anyway
            There are 5 things to do now .......

1 spray silicone spray down the barrel to lube the rubber and see if tht works

2 turn the hop totaly of and fire to see

3 try a different brand bb

4 check the hop rubber may need replacing

5 change back to the old hop unit

Do all of them in order and tell me the results .... hop it helps

Comment

Originally posted by humphriesryan View Post
              Right lol boxs to no I'm right about the nozzle lol ....... anyway
              There are 5 things to do now .......

1 spray silicone spray down the barrel to lube the rubber and see if tht works
              Surely you mean down the feed tube, rather than the barrel?
              It'd take a lot of spraying to reach the hop from the muzzle of an M14.

Comment

Ok guys what i have done is had a play with the hop unit adjust all on and all off and still seems to be the same issue. went online last night and placed an order for a new air nozzle and rubber bucking for the hop up to go on to.

so so far to recap

* cut the spring around 3 curls
                *replaced hop up
                *will replace hop up rubber
                *will replace air nozzle

surely thats gonna solve the problem here!
                Really am miffed with this. Its my first repair and my first rifle not doing to bloody bad

Comment

No that might not solve it lol it can be the smallest of thing thts stopping it lol but it will help .....

Also it does not matter witch way u spray it as it still reaches the rubber unless ur stupid and hot the gun muzzle down and spray lol...

Have u tryed the old hop unit to see

Comment

Ok so i have tried with just the innerbarrell and bucking without the hop up with bb inside resting on the air nozzle, this fires the bb as normal. this surelly has something todo with the bb passing through the hop unit so maybe the bucking or airnozzle could fix this? this is really really odd

Comment

Hang on have u put the spring on infront the hop ??? If so then once u put the gun back together .. pull the bolt catch back and see if the hop is seated against the gb ..... after that put a screw driver up the bb feed bit to the hop and push it fallward so the lhop get pull back against the gb and try tht .... I no it sounded stupid but thts happened to my m14

Comment

not a bad idea it is seated back against the GB so ill have a fiddle with it at some point tonight. getting fed up with now having spent all this time on it. I know this gun from front to back now!

Comment

I no it back to front aswel lol

Comment

Ok this is a long shot, but i had a similar problem with my kart m14, turns out the air seal hop up unit i installed was slightly tighter, preventing the air nozzle from physically being able to push in far enough to create a good air seal, try pushing the air nozzle into the new hop up unit and seeing if it can move freely in and out
                            www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X