Hot mosfet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot mosfet

I fitted a Systema Turbo motor to my Aug A3 today and ran a 9.6v 3300,well the mosfet started smoking So ive re-fitted the JG one and the mosfet is still hot.Is this normal for a mosfet to get hot (not smoking)? Standard JG mosfet by the way.
    sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Re: Hot mosfet

warm yes hot no.
    time to check for any resistance

Comment

Some mosfets can get hot and since the JG standard mosfets are "crap" I would say its perfectly normal but the smoke is far from normal my guess is the mosfet simply cant cope with the motor.. Or you got the motor adjustment wrong with the Systema motor.

The above an is also correct.

Comment

Yeah,i think its more the motor. Ive just been firing out in the yard with the JG motor and although the mosfet is warm its nowhere near as hot. Shame though the Systema motor was insane but very overkill.
        sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

It's probably both.

The MOSFET unit was probably made to be just good enough with the stock motor (i.e cheap). It probably needs a better MOSFET to run the upgrade motor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dino68 Started airsofting in 2006 with six mates that i worked with in a warehouse (Unit 9). Mostly played in Bedfordshire but i now play and live in Surrey. Find out more about Dino68
          Working...
          X