Collapse

Deep lipo discharge turnigy accucell 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep lipo discharge turnigy accucell 6?

I have a duff 11.1v lipo, came pretty much screwed from the start with the middle cell not balancing, now today I've used it and it seems the gun drew nearly all the power from that cell and didn't touch the others.

I want to basically deep discharge and dispose of it safely. However the discharge function on the accucell 6 doesn't seem to want to let me discharge past 3vlts per cell.

I tried setting it on discharge for a 1vlt cell to trick the charger( I know bad idea) luckily the charger wouldn't let me do it. At the moment I'm resorting to balancing the battery to storage voltage (or near enough as the middle cell won't balance) and burying the battery in a tub of sand outside (however I live in northern Sweden and we still have minus temps).

Does anyone know if it is possible to fully discharge with the accucell 6 or how minus temps effect a lipo?

Re: Deep lipo discharge turnigy accucell 6?

Throw it in a bucket of salty water once youve drained it as much as possible. that will kill it.
    sigpic

Comment

Will that work even if I only manage to get it to 3vlts per cell?

Also I know salted water freezes less but it's still going down to minus 15 on a night. How could that affect things?

Comment

Re: Deep lipo discharge turnigy accucell 6?

It will just discharge the battery more keep it outside and forget it in a bucket of salt water.
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HerrNilson Find out more about HerrNilson
        Working...
        X