upgrade help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade help.

anyone got any advise on what upgrades i need to do to my Classic Army 8-2 to bring it up from a dismal 320fps to 450fps. any suggestions would be great, many thanx.
    CA8-2
    JG G36c
    TM SPAS 12
    TM Desert Eagle
    KART M14 EBR
    "look into my eye" sgt Apone.

Re: upgrade help.

a 120 guarder spring
    metal bushing if u havent already got them
    good airseal/ noise good hop up rubber
    high torque motor systema
    G&P strong piston (dont get a alum or metal)

Comment

Re: upgrade help.

* Higher Torque Motor or Higher Ratio Gear set
      * Good quality Hop Bucking (Systema, TM, KM etc...)
      * Good Quality 9.6v battery pack for acceptable semi auto response.
      * Check Air seal (Piston/Cylinder assembly) for leaks, if so that will need seeing to.
      * Clean up and re grease
      * Disable full auto

I would recommend just changing out the gear set over the motor as the additional current draw of high torque and or speed motors will wear down the mechanical switch a lot faster. A MOSFET Switch would rule out the switch block issues, either way you would need to choose a battery pack that is capable of sustaining the higher drain (often 30A+).

An easier option would be higher ratio gears (Systema torque up, Laylax Double torque etc..) would work well, pair these with the 9.6v battery and the stock motor will be fine.

I don't know if CA have made any improvements to their Piston, but the older yellow one isn't too great, it should hold up ok if you are just going to be using the gun for single shots, but if you want to be safe it may be worth changing out.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dizzy84 Find out more about dizzy84
      Working...
      X