Mags failing to lock in place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mags failing to lock in place.

I've fitted a JG gearbox in a D-boys metal body, with the original d-boys hop-up.

The gun fires and seems to have good compression, but I can't get any mags to lock into place. I've tried metal hi-cap mags from JLS, D-boys and JG. They just don't seem to go far enough into the mag well, but I can't see any obstructions.

Help, I want to use it on Sunday and I've spent the whole day putting it together!
    sigpic

Re: Mags failing to lock in place.

As a suggestion try filing down the metal bars inside the magwell when i had a D boys CQB i had to do this to get the mags to fit but be careful not to take too much off.

curlyboy
    'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

its not the mag well or anything . the mags are failing to lock in place because of the feed tube . if u look up from mag well u see the lip coming down where bbs feed through to sit in barrel it is the lips it too long or wide . sand it or replace it i had same trouble with my tm m4a1 i swapped it out and it spot on never fails to lock in place

Comment

ok first thing i would look at would be if the hop was sitting correct ( just fitted a hop to a gun and it sit's just off line and no mag will fit ) just needed a to be moved over with a driver in the feed tube

next would be what guard has said if the feed tube is just a little longer it would not let mags fit
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

It looks like the feed tube is too far forward in the body, but the cylinder is right up to it, so I can't see how it can move further back.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
          Working...
          X