Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA M4a1

Hi all urgent helped needed

I'm fixing a my friends KWA M4, it had what looked like a blown fuse so i put in a spare one i had from a M4 project.
    I charged a battery and took about 8 shots went to pull the trigger again and nothing so i look at the fuse and notice it blown to.

Now im not sure what the problem could be and what I need to do to fix it so any help will be great

RXAM
    Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
    Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
    sigpic

Re: KWA M4a1

Is it all standard?Mosfet?

Comment

If it's all standard it's probably a stripped wire short circuiting on the gearbox housing or some other part of the metal externals so what I would do is strip the gun and look for any breaks in the wire.If you find some breaks you could rewire it or cover the exposed parts were the wire is stripped in heat shrink.
      I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my KWA but "Frenchy" and Duncan of a certain worldly retailer removed it altogether I believe and said it would be fine without , might help you ?

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by spacey View Post
          If it's all standard it's probably a stripped wire short circuiting on the gearbox housing or some other part of the metal externals so what I would do is strip the gun and look for any breaks in the wire.If you find some breaks you could rewire it or cover the exposed parts were the wire is stripped in heat shrink.
          That's what mine was..mosfetted and it I hit the mag upwards with any pressure it would fire full-auto even with the safety on.
          It blew 2 fuses and then it was checked and the wires re-insulated all good since.
          There's not a hell of a lot of room for wires,their course is important.
          BTW the std fuses are a bit too low amp wise apparently...

Comment

Its normal and no mosfet. I tired using it without a fuse and it worked fine, so is it okay to still use it with out a fuse?
            Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
            Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
            sigpic

Comment

Id remove the fuse providing all the wiring looks fine and no shorts. I rarely run a fuse in my guns.
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RXAM Bit of a military nut. I prefer mil-sim airsoft. Really into Namsoft and i have too much kit.... not guns just tactical cloths Find out more about RXAM
              Working...
              X