Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 battery placement

Hi all.

I was having a think recently about sticking a retro Mp5 handguard on my MP5A5, but realised Id have no place to stick the battery(dont want to switch to lipos).

But then it occured to me that the TM MP5Ks battery space is above the gearbox using a stick battery.

Could the same not be done for the standard MP5? I mean Im pretty sure the MP5K and the MP5 have the same body.

Even if it meant buying a TM MP5K and converting it into a standard MP5, its definately something that would interest me.

Re: MP5 battery placement

An mp5k's body is different from a normal mp5. Also an mp5k uses a v3 gearbox and the normal mp5 uses a v2. Not really sure what way you could go, maybe rear wire the box and stick a battery bag on the sling or stock?
    Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Oh ok bud, thought the MP5 was a V3 gearbox for some reason.

Looks like that options out for me then! :P

Comment

If I were you i'd get a sling with a battery pouch on it, run a wire down the sling to the rear of the gun (where one of the sling loops is) then into the back of your gun via a small hole drilled into the stock? I've heard about it being done before and from looking at my own mp5 I doubt it would be too hard.

And the mp5k has a v3 box, the normal mp5's all have v2's.
        Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Righto mate.

Yeah battery slings a good idea... hadnt really crossed my mind, cheers bud.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
          Working...
          X