high torque motors - any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high torque motors - any suggestions?

hey guys, looking around for a high torque motor for an hk416 build, the reason i'm choosing torque is for the trigger response, it will be pulling an m100... and needs to be long shaft.

Now i would ideally like it to be from the UK as thats where the rest of the parts are coming from (otherwise i'd choose the SHS ultra high torque) So if anyone has any recommendations that would be great...

one i was considering was the 'hitech hitorque red' that e6 sells, any thoughts?

thanks

Re: high torque motors - any suggestions?

Id like to know this as well.

My SHS high torque sizzled out after 10-20 shots running a 14.4v lipo.

Comment

Ive recently had a lemon shs torque too. Seems they rushed QC when they got popular.
      sigpic

Comment

Its only the High torque ones, not the ultra high torque, otherwise Josh, have a look on the 'spares' thread

Comment

Id go SHS aswell
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I wont be buying shs again after my last one and the stories ive been hearing.
            sigpic

Comment

My first ever SHS high torque (Dream army clone) motor was crap the motor shaft was too long so it will never work. I have never had a problem with the ultra torque motors though.

Comment

It was the ultra torque i had my issues with, made my ascu act funny, and a mosfet also act funny in my dmr.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                  It was the ultra torque i had my issues with, made my ascu act funny, and a mosfet also act funny in my dmr.
                  Yeah I have heard things about their QC being worse now. Just recently I got a SHS pistonhead without a o-ring..

Anyways there are these motors coming out which outperform basically ALL other motors and its only £50 but I cant remember the name.

Comment

Well thats no good then is it
                    sigpic

Comment

Jbu high torque z1 do them although i would recommend it more with an ascu or something like that to make more use of the torque also upgrade the gears as mine and my team mates run the and all of us had broken sector gears after a days use so yeah jbu high torque, uprated gears and a mosfet with active breaking and it will be spot on
                      Also ascu's are fussy with high torques and your shiming needs to be perfect!
                      Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Ascu's are fussy with low torques, and when does shimming not have to be perfect anyway? Never tried the jbu but as with most things, zero one have priced the living shit out of it!
                        sigpic

Comment

my SHS high Torque is awesome, only gripe is that the shaft is a mm or so too long, so its very close to the baseplate, and big jolts or knocks short it out and blow the fuse >_> its a fine motor though. try a g&p m160
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

if you don't want to spend mega money and want a simple high-torque TM eg1000.

if your feeling cheap but want something to show, ive heard Element high-torques are a direct copy of the magnums.

and if you got the cash and want the over-top 100% doo-dar go for systema magnum ( which will need to moding in the form of 2 firbe or other type washers to stop it from shorting it self - depending up the version that is. )

Comment

I'be used SHS Ultra High Torques for ages and never had any problems with them, but to be fair your burning them with a 14.4v Lipo!!!!! whats that all about? ICS High Torque motor is an option but again drop your lipo to 11.1v at at max or run it on a 9.9v lipo. if its only a m100 spring then a G&P m120 will do the job
                              Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X