• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why isnt my hop working?

Haha what? Dx

Comment

I have one of those annoying search bars that types in what you highlight and i was attempting to copy the name of a flash hider off one of the ads and it instead searched your username :/
      Well lets just say FA. Youll know
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Ok, so had a game over the weekend and the hop is working again. Sort of.

It now only works if the hop is 99% on. if its 98% or less it does absolutely nohting, and if its 100% on then its on too much and causes a jam. When the hop DOES work, now its over-hopping and sending them skywards, Im using .25s, dont really want to go up to .28 but might have to. It also only chrono'd at a miserable 230fps... but still has a very substantial range, so Im thinking the chrono was wrong.

WTF is going on now?

And to make everything better, the selector plate seems to be f**cked now! When you move the fire selector you can feel theres a lot of resistance, the selector moves but I think the plate is jammed, and when you pull the trigger you just get the "click" of a motor trying to turn over but the gearbox isnt doing anything.

Arghghghgh Ive had enough of this bloody thing already, I should have stuck with my cheapo Cyma AK, that thing worked perfectly for the 2 years I had it! Only cost half as much too!

Comment

Right sounds like you have no nub in youre hop (havent had one in mine for weeks and had the hop on all the way to get any hop. And that maybe your selector plate has broken or moved, it seems that g&ps are really good, until they break, they really really break.
          Batt dead? Motor is set too high into the GB. Undo the screw in the pistol grip a little.

Comment

(buy a toptech you wont regret it)

Comment

Battery is fine, fully charged. The motor height hasnt been adjusted since I got it, it was working absolutely fine until the marshalls wanted a spot-check chrono halfway through the day, the marshal gave me his own M4 mag to check I was using .2g ammo and it wouldnt fire. It was working fine up until the second I put the marshalls mag in. I know its a bit of a long shot but Im wondering if perhaps the mag was a wierd shape or something as it was a very tight fit, perhaps it was bigger than a normal mag and it pushed my gearbox a little bit to the side or something and caused the selector to break.

Or if its a totally unrelated coincidence.

Theres still a nub in my hop, with the rubber removed and the hop out of the gun you can see the nub.

Comment

If you have the gun in one piece, stick your finger in the magwell and see how much movement you have on the hop unit. If you have movement, you will have a big air leak hence low FPS and part of the reason the other mag didn't work.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

There *shouldnt* be any movement... the hop presses straight onto the gearbox and is held in place by a spring that goes around the inner barrel and presses the upper reciever/hop together... or at least it should... I dont have the gun infront of me at the moment, in a fit of rage I threw it at our site's resident technician and asked him to fix it before I smash it Dx bloody thing...

Comment

Shouldn't be play, but sometimes there is, I've had 2 M4s now that have both been that way and they both had similar issues to yours. It was the receiver at fault both times.

Before anybody says " that's what you get for buying a cheapsoft", they weren't, one was a 350 quid G&G and the other was a king arms!
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Same here! This is a £250 G&P! Most expensive and most troublesome gun Ive ever bought!

Comment

Mate... SEND IT BACK!!!! lol

No offence, but its not working, get them to fix it! you have a warranty for a reason!!! and at £250 your right, its the most expensive m4a1 in the country!! (shop around next time!... £210 max!)

Comment

I'll give them a ring in the morning, but I doubt theyll take it back. My bet is itll be a case of "well youve opened it (even though we told you to *trollface*) no warranty for you!"

Comment

Send it back, if they argue it get trading standards on it, no such thing as 'sold as seen' anymore, the item does not meet the description or what it was designed for, if they say you voided by opening it, argue that as well, it was on their word of advice. (Or just dont mention it.).
                            As a consumer you have a lot of things on yourside, Im afraid there is to much of this in airsoft and to many people rolling over and saying 'ok'. Tbh a big retailer needs to sort their sh*t out if they are gonna try and mug you off.
                            A nice call to trading standards and citizens advice will shift that one along.

Also if you didnt open the gearbox, there shouldnt be an issue as the receiver isnt a 'sealed' component.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                            Working...
                            X