v2 gearbox help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2 gearbox help...

hey guys, currently in middle of building up a v2 gearbox for the vfc hk 416, and i'm using the stock vfc 8mm bushing shell, with mostly asg and shs parts internally... now i'm coming across a few problems.

First off, i have already shimmed the SHS 16:1 gears as well as AoE corected the element lightweight piston + piston head, with sorbo 70D padding on the ultimate asg cylinder head, so the main of things are done...

Now i'm onto the wiring of the gearbox, and this is where i'm coming accross a few problems/questions...

I'm using the stock VFC selector plate although it is a metal one, not plastic so this may be my answer...

On most v2 plates i've seen at the bottom of the plate where there opening for the trigger block is there is usually some gold metal contacts on the plate, should there be some on it, or not since its already metal? also, what are these metal contacts for?!

the pic explains where i mean.

Next problem is the trigger block itself, now i've got an original dboys assembly which i can use if i have too, however i feel it may be missing a part, and it is fairly old so i can i'll use the new SHS v2 block i purchased, however for some reason it just wont fit?! (the dboys one fits fine)...

compaing the two toghether (pic below) the shs one has an extra connector on the bottom, now on the dboys there is a space for it, though i don't (think) it came with one, is this part needed/connected to the thing above i was talking about (the connectors on the selector plate?) do i need these connectors, are they part of the box?

next the shs one simply wont fit, i think its possible out of shape, so this may leave me having to use the dboys one... but if the dboys one has no connector on the base of it, can i still use it?!

thanks for any help guys, Josh.
    Last edited by joshh1512; 14 April, 2012, 17:57.

Re: v2 gearbox help...

yeah the vfc selector plate is different compared to most standard v2 gb....my pdw was the same, my advice is to get a new standard plastic selector plate with the small copper connector on the end,£5 ish for SHS and a new switch, TM clone by element with silver coated copper wire start from around £7 upto G&P around £15 delivered off the bay
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Let me know how you get on with that Ultimate ASG cylinder head. Put one in my sniper build and it holds the nozzle fitting too high. So when i go to put the upper receiver on it wont close completely as the nozzle is pushing up on the hop. You'll see what i mean if it happens. Id recommend trying the upper + barrel + hop on first before getting the gearbox bang on and having to open it up again!
      Just a heads up.
      Going to change it out for a brass CA one today.

Comment

the white trigger switch is missing parts to make it work. If the SHS is a v2 switch it should fit, you may just need to file it around the edges to make it work. *modding parts don't always fit well so you need to modify the parts slightly.

Onto the selector plate. I have a 8mm GB and found it difficut to buy a 8mm selector plate, yes there are different size selector plates!! The rear of the selector plate is grooved to run smoothly over the bearings.
        I believe there is a 6-7mm and 8-9mm plate.

You are gonna have to buy a 6-7mm plate and grind out larger grooves with a dremel. Remove a little at a time until it runs smoothly. The other issue I had was the safety switch not selecting and i had to use expoxy.

Comment

So i do infact need the two contacts which are on the bottom of the shs block? i couldn't figgure out what they were for, and could already see a full circuit was made with just the switch block (i thought), so how do they work on the bottom?

Do i HAVE to buy a new selector plate, just the one it comes with must be okay isn't it?

if the box is 8mm, why do i buy the 6-7mm one?

also i'lll try modding the shs one, it does fit in the space, however it just won't let the other half of the shell then close properly...

I put all of it back together properly and it didn't work so i guess that is the problem lol.

Oh and lazy, i've used the ultimate head in my pdw before and was fine but i'll let you know how i get on with this one.

thanks

Comment

josh, i may have mis-read your original post.
            If the VFC selector plate came with the 8mm gb then you may be OK and don't need a new selector plate. You have to try first and see if it works.

First thing get the SHS trigger block installed. The 2 prongs will be used to complete the circuit, do not worry if it looks like the connection is always live as other parts of the gb and position of the selector plate affects the working.
            fyi: The selector plate moves to 3 positions
            1) At the forward position, the plate pushes up against the 'safety lever' and this prevents the trigger pull.
            2) At the mid position, you can pull the trigger which will turn the motor and gears. On one revolution a 'cut'off lever' is kicked which dis-engages the spring part that moves inside the trigger block.
            3) At the rear position, the selector plate moves against the 'cut-off lever' to dis-engage. When you pull the trigger you will get auto fire.

Build your gb and install the grip and motor to test everything before installing. Follow ytube vids and you'll be ok

Comment

right, built it already but no power, its just cause i havn't put that thing on the bottom of the trigger block on... only problem is i cant get the shs one to fit in and allow it to shut properly, i'll try mod it a little and let you know...

oh and the cutoff lever, i shouldnt fully tighten it right?

Comment

if you're sure the SHS trigger won't fit, try removing the connector part and fitting it to your white trigger. Looks like it will work from the above pic you posted.

For the cut-off lever, it needs to move so don't tighten it down too hard.
                What I did was polish the machine marks around the lever so it was smooth. My lever had too much play as the post was too long. I had to dremel the post down slightly to remove all the floppy play,,, just don't over dremel if you do the same thing!!

*a tip for you,,, if you find the reversal latch popping when you put everything back together put a blob of silicon grease on the spring and the bottom post of the ARL. The grease has a thick enough consistency to hold everything in place.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                Working...
                X