Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Any V2 gearbox experts, help troubleshoot! inc video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any V2 gearbox experts, help troubleshoot! inc video.

Guys,

So I wanted to upgrade the SR-25 to nearer 450fps as it was sitting at 330 on the current spring, a friend of mine locked it to semi buy cutting down the selector plate.

Was working fine, so I put an SP130 in. It's the elongated gearbox and so it gives the fps of an M120 in a normal V2 gearbox.

Now, everything went ok, all the shims stayed on so I didn't have to worry about them. The anti reversal latch popped out to I put that back in. I'm certain I put it back correct and it was working fine when I span the gears to test. The trigger kept popping out as well but I put that back in fine as well. In went the new spring and I put it back together. Put the lower receiver on, the motor back in the pistol grip (didn't change how far it went in the pistol grip so same as when it was working fine) and put it in safe. Nothing so all well there. Into semi and it fires but the air nozzle moves and doesn't return to the same place each time? Also it sounds weird and not the same each pull of the trigger. Also if I put the trigger slowly it fires a few shots which it never used to do!? And sometimes i'll hear a PING sound coming from the spring and the next few shots would sound weird! Also it's firing fully auto now which is confusing as it was locked to semi haha!

Am I correct saying that as you put the piston etc and spring in, as long as the gear that it touches is all the way round so that the teeth are not touching those on the piston then when fired they should all meet up fine anyway? Makes sense right? If you put the piston back and it's engaged half way down the gear teeth then it would just strip right!?!? If so then there's no problem there as I checked the meet up fine then pushed the piston back in the cylinder while the teeth were round the other side of the gear.

Anyway here is the video, if any geniuses have any suggestions for me that would be great! My only thought so far is that the stock motor can't handle the spring and that's why each shot is different? If I can't get it working fine i'll be handing it back to my mate who locked it to semi for me but would rather sort it myself!

Running on a 11.1v 1500mah 20C lipo so plenty of power surely. Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLBHw...ature=youtu.be

EDIT: Eugh i've written all that and it turns out it's the lipo!? Tried my 7.4v 2200mah 20-30C Turnigy battery and it is now working fine!? Still full out in auto but will look into that but the air nozzle is returning back to 'not sticking out v much at all' each shot! The 1500mah & only 20C isn't enough despite it being 11.1v!?!? It's nearly fully charged! In my RC cars the 11.1v is miles faster lol!

Cheers,
    Wayne

Re: Any V2 gearbox experts, help troubleshoot! inc video.

maybe misisng the tappet plate spring?, am i correct on saying that it does move forward and back again if you firer the gun again? when the nozzle is out in its fully extended position can you push it in and then it springs back

scratch that
    edit probs should have watched the vid first.
    looks like overspin of the gears as the nozzle is quite piratic in where it sits after each shoot

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Over spin? As in the 11.v was too powerful and spinning the gear round more than once and stopping in a random place? Hadn't considered that!

Comment

Ab mosfet need and will fix the problem if it is indeed over spin
        you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Fate View Post
          Ab mosfet need and will fix the problem if it is indeed over spin
          Ok cool, any good ones? I use 11.1v on my stock TM SOPMOD in semi and it works fine lol!? Surely the weeker the spring the worse you will get over spin?

Comment

just a simple ab fet should suffice, another thing it could be is a worn cut off leaver, and yes the weaker the spring the more it will over spin.

if you look inside the gearbox while firing (through the holes) on single shot can you see the piston stopping at different places. defiantly looks as if it could have a worn cut off leaver

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Im no expert but you may want to check your AoA and that your pinion gear is fully engaged.

Hope this helped
              Kieron

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
              Plato
              ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

Thanks, how would the cut off lever and or angle of engagement explain how it works on 7.4v fine?

I've ordered some shims, grease etc and watched lots of shimming vids so will be going back in the gear box soon to get it perfect It's also my learning curve project lol!

Comment

if the gun works fine on 7.4v then its simple the motor is over spinning, get an active braking mosfet fitted .....job done.....either that or use a 7.4v battery.
                  Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wrcallar Find out more about Wrcallar
                  Working...
                  X