Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 2 gearbox suddenly stopped firing

Hi all.

Was shooting my Snow Wolf M82 Barrett yesterday. The only change to the gearbox from stock is a 400fps spring.

It just suddenly stopped working. There wasnt any nasty sounds coming from it, no grinding or anything.

Its not the fuse or battery, Ive checked those already. It COULD be the motor I guess, but I would have thought I would have had some prior warning?

Ive tried manually switching it to full auto(had to do it by moving the selector plate as have a trigger block on the selector switch), and that didnt work either.

Any ideas? Im guessing its most likely a locked gearbox? Dont really know how to fix them though.

Re: Version 2 gearbox suddenly stopped firing

If it's a locked gearbox, you should hear the motor trying to turn it over. If there's nothing then check the connections on the motor first before you open it up.

Comment

Had exactly the same happen to me today mate, am sending it back under warranty for repair & will let you know what the problem was as soon as I find out. Hope you get it sorted before then though.
      Wanted: Action Army hop chamber and any other VSR upgrades.

Comment

Cheers moomike.

Cheers for the reply Pan. Theres definately nothing going on, no motor sound at all. Connectors seem fine though as far as I can tell, theres no visible wiring or anything.

Could it be the motors died?

Comment

Any ideas guys?

From what Pan has said, Im thinking that its not the gearbox as the motor isnt running either.

Could it be wiring inside the gearbox?

Comment

It could be a wire to the motor has fell off. My mates raptor fet'd gun does it now and again if he cranks it hard. It happens generally because the motor has to much room and under torque, twists a connector off.
            Not sure how the Barrat comes apart but I'm guessing there should be easy acces to the motor seeing its a v2 gearbox
            Originally posted by Artekus
            It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

It's accessed exactely the same way as an M4 eg open up the grip and the connections are there. Is there any buzzing from the hand grip at all when you press the trigger? Do you have a multi meter you can check the voltage at the motor connectors? These should give you a good idea what it is before pulling the rest of the gun to pieces.

Putting the shots down range since 1990

Comment

Hey guys cheers for the response.

Ive already stripped the rifle down to the gearbox, which obviously included disconecting(and eventually reconecting), the motor, and it still doesnt work, so I dont think its just a case of one of the motor connectors coming off.

Unfortunately I dont posess anything like that Baloo...I can see where it would be very useful though.

Comment

Just went to fire it again on the offchance that it fancied working, and it did! Worked fine! In fact worked well enough to dent my wardrobe as there was still a BB in the chamber.

It must be a loose connection somewhere I guess...such is the way of airsoft!

Comment

Judging by how it suddenly worked again, I'm going to guess it's due to the copper connector at the selector plate coming loose / warping, if you could somehow use the gun's body to press against it harder (ie electric tape on the outside to make it thicker), it should be more stable that way.

Comment

Hmm ok mate cheers. Ill take it apart and find this copper connector your talking a about.

There is a slight gap between the 2 recievers just above the selector, where you can see a tiny bit of the gearbox and a bit of red which Im guessing is a wire. My guess is that your right, and this is whats causing the issue.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                      Working...
                      X