Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

JG g36 hop-up, change rubber or whole unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG g36 hop-up, change rubber or whole unit?

Hi all, I have a JG G36c, its power is fine and it fires quite nicely apart from the useless hop-up on it, its range is half what it should be.

My question is - do you think just changing the rubber would have the desired effect or should I change the whole unit?

It seem obvious to just switch the unit but I know that the JG's are notorious for having crappy hop-ups and wondered if anybody who'd already had this problem had managed to fix it with just the rubber replacement.

Thanks.
    ARMOURY

Assault - JG G36c
    Backup - WE 5.1 (CO2)

Re: JG g36 hop-up, change rubber or whole unit?

Change the rubber first. By rubber I assume you mean the spacer that pushes down on the sleeve to create the backspin. You can do this by cutting a section off the end of a biro tube to the right size.

If you don't get an effect after that, then I'd get a new unit. You never know, it may just need reconstructing properly or something
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
    Tokyo Marui P90
    HFC M9 Special Forces
    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try, I haven't disassembled it yet and I'm not sure of the construction, so I may be back asking exactly how you think I should fit this piece of biro, I was using my imagination when picturing how it was layed out.

I'll let ya know how if it works.
      ARMOURY

Assault - JG G36c
      Backup - WE 5.1 (CO2)

Comment

Biro tube tends to be a bit hard. If you've got any old O rings around, a section cut from one will do the job very well.
        sigpic

Comment

JG g36 hop-up [SOLVED]

I found out what the problem was, there was nothing wrong with the hop-up as such, when I removed the magwell, there was a little bit of plastic burr on the hop-up wheel which was stopping it from moving easily. I had not been forcing this wheel so as not to break anything, and I did think it's movement range had been limited.

Turned it to full hop and the bb's now fly straight for as far as the eye can see in the dark.

Thanks for the tips all.
          ARMOURY

Assault - JG G36c
          Backup - WE 5.1 (CO2)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

earthwormpac Sound Engineering Airsoft Ninja. Find out more about earthwormpac
          Working...
          X