Motor advice with a ASG Ultimate gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor advice with a ASG Ultimate gearbox

Purchased Ultimate gearbox (it is very nice). Its the V3 Ak M100 High speed one.

Would it be wise to use my SHS Hi torque short motor with this? Or should I purchase a Hi speed one instead? I'll be running with lipo 7.4 stick batteries.

Thought I'd check before swapping over...

Re: Motor advice with a ASG Ultimate gearbox

Shs high torque would be the best bet. The gearbox uses high speed gears so a ht motor to match would get the best trigger response

Or if you have more money get the ultimate motor to match or a terminusx motor

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Quick question rather than start another thread - are these out the box ASG Ultimate gearbox's up for dealing with 11.1 lipos?

Comment

Midas rates them very highly and even said the shimming was great from factory, however i doubt the AOE is correct so id stick with 7.4v for now until you learn the AOE is spot on. Your shs motor will be fine too. I bet your looking at high 20rps with a 7.4 anyway. What where you after with the 11.1v then fitch?
        sigpic

Comment

Well - I managed to fix my previous Midas built gearbox and slotted in a replacement Airfet mosfet which works great.

However in the midst of panic I ordered one of these Ultimate's and it really is a nice gearbox indeed. Rather than send it back I wanted to use it. Ive since added a passive breaking Airfet and I'll run it on that SHS high torque motor from the previous box. Batterywise I usually use 7.4s but have a few 11.1s I initially wanted to use but never had the balls to. Just wondered if this ASG gearbox could take the 11.1 on single shot.... trying to replace my recently sold PTW with an AK variant you see.

If not then I'll keep to the 7.4 as it was snappy enough.

Comment

single shot wont be AS bad say there were some AOE issues, short bursts etc. But for length of life then of course the 7.4v would win. Personally id correct the AOE using sorbo and then use the 11.1v. A 2 minute job that makes one of the most effective gearbox mods.
            sigpic

Comment

Ok - I'll look into that. Cheers J - you've been great.

Comment

do mate its worth it. also happy to help bud.
                sigpic

Comment

I run one of these V2 type gearboxes in my stubby killer, I have tried it with 11.1 lipo & the ROF was off the chart

What is this 'sorbo' mod though as i dropped it back down to 7.4 lipo to make sure I don't damage it...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                  Working...
                  X