advice reqd re: liFepo batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice reqd re: liFepo batteries

have been hearing and reading good things about lifepo batterys - have googled - tried the serch on here and pm'd people but still struggling - can anyone on here help please???

i want to replace the 8.4 2200mah in my g3 with one of these but they only seem to be available in either 7.7 or 9.6v so could anyone tell me which i should?could use and which charger is best for them?

dont want to burn out motor with larger one but dont want to loose any speed

im not very tech savvy with electrics so any help appreciated - also do i need to change the connectors?? as they seem to come with two (both look to be differant)

sotty if this been asked befor but i cant seem to find answers

thanks in advance

shev

Re: advice reqd re: liFepo batteries

You can get a lipo in 7.4v or 11.1v and i believe that you can get life in 9.9v

i would personally use either the 7.4v lipo(it will match the speed of your current battery) but the 9.9v life will give better rof
    both should be fine in your gun.
    one of the connectors is for the battery to be plugged into your gun(thicker wires) and the other is to balance it (thin wired one)
    i would change the connectors on the gun and batteries to deans to give better performance.

charger wise:
    gt power
    turingy
    imax etc

just need one that will charge 2cell 3 cell lipos and balance them

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

thanks for reply crude - most helpful - does the thinner (balance) wire need to be attached to anything?? (bit of a noob question i know - sorry)

is changing connectors as simple as it sounds?? crimped or soldered

thanks again

shev

Comment

Crimped mate , and the second lead on a Lipo is for an alarm I think but I'm not one hundred present sure.

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
        Plato
        ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

you can crimp or solder depending on the connectors, I use deans connectors out of personal preference, which would require soldering.
          The lead with the thinner wires is the balance lead (attaches to the charger), and is essential to charging the batt, care needs to be taken to ensure that the different cells are charged at the same rate to the same capacity. It doesn't need to be attached to anything whilst in use, although you can attach a lipo alarm if you wish.

Comment

thanks to all for info and advice - much appreciated

shev

Comment

Just remeber these few basic things..

1: You will NEED a lipo charger as the are VERY dangerous and you should get a lipo alarm as well.

2: Lipo's discharge a lot faster than nihm batteries so make sure your gears / motor can handle it.

3: Leading on from 2 , a 7.4 volt Lipo is the equivalent to a 9.6 battery.

4: Its a personal thing but , I keep 'em in a fire bag whilst charging if im not in constant view of it , epically if the battery is old. Dont want me house to burn down !

5: Because they are high discharge , you will need at least 3 to last a full skirmish day or 2 2200mah batteries.

Just follow these 5 simple steps and you will be fine :-)

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
              Plato
              ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

If you want an in-depth look into comparisons of LiFe and LiPo Click here
                Covers most of the info you are looking for including a video of the difference between voltage, any questions just PM me.

X-ray

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shevchenko Find out more about shevchenko
                Working...
                X