Magpul M4 P-Mags + HK416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul M4 P-Mags + HK416

So I currently own a SRC HK416 and I fancied a change In mags I use. Liking the style of the Magpul P-Mags I went out and bought a M version Pmag from a online retailer. Upon recieving the item I've gone to test It and have found a worrying problem.. So my question to you guys Is, Is there any way around said problem.

The issue is with the mag catch on my HK416 matching up with the groove on the magazine. I've removed the magazine catch so I could see what the issue was.

Here is how it should sit ( SRC Magazine pushed into place )

And this Is how it fits with the Magpul Pmag.

As you can see the magazine doesnt quite go high enough into the magwell for the Magazine Catch to fall into place.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Im curious whether I could purchase a new Magazine catch that would allow the use of Pmags or Is It a case that these magazines will simple not work with my 416?

Any help would be really appreciated as you can imagine Im a little bit miffed to say the least!

Thanks, Kyle

Re: Magpul M4 P-Mags + HK416

Emags would be best. They were designed for use in 416 mag wells.

Comment

weird, im sure my P mag fits in my mates SRC HK416

it doesnt work in my JG 416 though...
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

weird, im sure my P mag fits in my mates SRC HK416

it doesnt work in my JG 416 though...
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

After reading up on the Pmags it does appear they don't fit the 416 because of the shape of the magwell (it's squared off bottom) so the first lip on the inner side of the pmag catches on the edge of the magwell not allowing the mag to enter the magwell fully to allow it to clip into place. The only way to enable them to fit appears to be either sanding the inner edge of the mag, thus modding the mag, or changing the lower reciever to a standard M4 one.

Yes Magpul have made Emags to it the 416 but sadly they are only available in black, and I'm looking specifically for FDE mags.

Comment

Well they fit and feed flawlessly in my vfc/umarex hk416, guess its just down to the brand?

Comment

Strange as my Magpul PTS P-Mag (120Rnds) don't seems to lock with my mate VFC/Umarex HK416 (Stock Hop-Unit).
              If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

Must depend what ones you go for. Did you both go for the M version mags?

Kyle

Comment

I've ran into the same issue with the JG HK416 and Beta Project Pmag 5 pack with the windows in. It was down to the front lip which is about 1/3 of the way down the mag at the top of the ribbing - filing it down helped solve the issue AND allowed the mag to lock in tight enough to remove any wobble, if you are slow and careful enough. For us, filing it down to the bottom of the rib, whilst maintaining the same profile/angle to the lip helped get it to the perfect point, but yours will be unique to your rifle.

Good luck!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Razielkah Find out more about Razielkah
                  Working...
                  X