ICS M16a3 Lower receiver wobble cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M16a3 Lower receiver wobble cure?

I have a full metal ICS M16a3, and while trying to get a sling to fit earlier i noticed some lower receiver wobble.
    Now the gun is practically new, and only been skirmished once, so its not down to age.

I know the problem can be attributed to the split gear box design of ICS's guns, as normally a solid gearbox houses the rear pin and will limit any movement.

But has anyone tried or thought of a way to make the 2 more solid? This is just for "me" reasons, and not down to any performance impact.

Re: ICS M16a3 Lower receiver wobble cure?

I have a ICS M16A3 RAS, bought second hand and plenty of wobble between the upper and lower reciever. The original owner of my gun said it was like that from new so same as yours I imagine. You want to get the G&P Magic Pin (found here > http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2816) which is a very simple but extremely effective design. As you increase the tightness of the allen key that runs through the pin, it expands in the hole and eliminates the wobble between the reciever. It has made my M16 feel very solid now and its well worth the money. Only thing I would add is I can imagine it may prove to be a little difficult to remove (I havn't needed to as yet) since it's in 3 parts so might not line up very well as you try to pull it out.

Comment

thank you very much! thats about as simple as id have hoped! i shall order myself a couple now!

Comment

No problem matey, though you will probably only need one pin for the front hole.

Comment

that makes it not only an easy fix but a cheap one! £10 from my local shop, shall have one by the weekend!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badger906 Find out more about badger906
          Working...
          X