Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m14 project

Hi,

I was thinking of doing a project to make my M14 into a very long range sniper, I have already thought tight bore barrel and hop rubber, what else, also I have a scope

Re: m14 project

Well, we'll need to know what make. Also, site limits? Are you planning to make it into a single shot high-power affair, and have you checked your local site's rules as to whether you can do this?

Apart from that, if it's clone make, get a new motor, gears, piston and a high power spring. If it's TM or equiv., you should be able to just put in an M120-M130 and be done with it.

Comment

well if you want to upgrade you will probably be looking at a much higher spring, and then this leads to needing metal bearings, and if it is really high FPS you may want to consider locking it to semi.
      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
      Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Originally posted by bushmonkey View Post
        and if it is really high FPS you WILL HAVE TO lock it to semi.
        Illegal above 381fps on full auto mate. He doesn't have a choice if it gets really high .

Comment

now i didn't know that one!
          guess i probably should :P

Reason for my saying was more a technical issue:
          higher FPS leads to stress, a higher voltage battery would be likely, and this in full auto would eat through trigger switches...

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...

Comment

Indeed it would, and M14 switch assemblies aren't commonplace.

Comment

Personally (and i am sure KoS will give his opinions) i would do the following:

SP120 spring (about 450 i think)
              Tightbore, laylax/prommy 6.03 seems to be the trend setter
              Hop-rubber, unless it is TM because TM M14 hops are legendary
              METAL BEARINGS: You will destroy the mechbox running a 120 without these
              high enough voltage battery to turn over the mechbox without problems
              MosFet if the battery is 10.8v or above.

obviously, there is the option to go into upgrading pistons, gears, the works! But i would start there.

Comment

Yes, I would agree with all of that.

For gears (assuming 420fps ballpark spring power), systema hightorques. Piston, your choice. The systema ones are not good; the only part they got wrong. If it was me, I'd look at TM, and if it broke go from there. DO NOT get a metal piston. Despite seeming attractive, as piston is (as Phatvortex very nicely put it) a mechanical fuse. If there is something wrong in the gearbox/it jams, the the piston will go (£10) as oppose to your gearset (£40-£50). You can tell if the piston has gone very easily. Fire th gun (it'll just whirr), and bbs will fall out the end, thus they are being fed in (tappet plate and thus sector gear working), but no force behind them (piston gone).

To go any further, we will need to know the make.

Comment

hi all,

its G&G m14, yes I have done all the neccesary checks, and I was considering doing a lock off at semi, but not sure, keep the suggestions rolling in

Comment

The lock off depends on how far you want to go with it. G&G are good enough that you'll be able to run 350fps without the need to major internal work.

My advice, a TM hop rubber. In fact, get the entire TM M14 hopup unit if it's compatible, They are widely considered the best hop unit around.

Comment

Thanks I heard that the G7G m14 will take a m140 no probs, as they come with metal bearings.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                      X