X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM JG AUG hybrid?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334910227.167259.jpg
    Hi all,
    I could use a bit of help with my poorly TM AUG high cycle. I had to use the barrel and flash hider as tool to protect my face on a fall at a recent skirmish. The result isn't pretty to say the least, but everything from the hop and back seems to be in perfect working order.

Basically I've always loved the look of the AUG A3 rail system and the JG one is now available (very few, though!) here in Japan. I would be getting it just for the front assembly, but does anyone know if that'll work? I want to put the RIS and barrel assembly onto my high cycle TM.
    Buying the JG is only a little more than buying replacement parts for the TM and it seems like the best thing to do if all I need to do is undo one pin and simply attach the 2 halves together. I know I should probably use the TM hop and stuff, but the JG comes with a long barrel which sounds worth using.

To cut a long wall of text short, I can either make the JG TM hybrid or if anyone here tells me the JG is good on its own and that I don't need to do a cut and shut Job then I'll take that route. I know that I'll have to throw away the hop, packing, and nozzle because they have holes drilled in them to lower the FPS for Japanese laws.
    I've attached a photo of how it looked till recently just for the sake of it.
    This is my first time to actually post here but i have been reading threads and getting info here for a while. Its been excellent so far and any advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Re: TM JG AUG hybrid?

The a3 RIS receiver will fit straight on you'll just have to remove the unique HC RIS receiver and by doin that you'll end up with an a3 AUG but dunno if that's what you want?
    The a3 receiver on its own is rare to source but if you can manage to find a standard AUG a2 length barrel you can keep your HC receiver and just swap the barrel over?
    I have a JG A1 with the a2 receiver and two barrels: one HBAR length and one for CQB. JG AUGs are solid. The power, hop and reliability is awesome it's my main skirmish gun and has never let me down. Defo recommend em

Btw still can't see pics you said you would send. What exact damage was done to the barrel?

Comment

i found on my tm a2 and jga3 the front ends did not just swap over, it would require filing to various parts...

i did however swap the jg ris to the tm, but again, had to file it out to fit the tma2
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

You will find you get a lover FPS probably, as the barrel will be longer so have a greater volume and the cylinder may not match this volume.... so might be worth putting the JG cylinder in it

Comment

Thanks for all the help gents. I'm afraid I can't post any pics of the damage because it's at my "gunsmith's" house. I don't normally play around with the gearbox much, always let my mate do it. Unfortunately he's gotten so good at it that he managed to find employment as an actual mechanic at a big airsoft shop here in Japan. I can't get stuff done on the side anymore so I'm gonna have to do this venture by myself!

As for the HC aug, it's barrel is fine. I had an outer barrel extension on which bent and took the brunt of the impact. It screwed up the threads and can't be removed from the A2 receiver without some serious work.
          If the JG is as solid and reliable as it sounds I might just abandon the TM and use it for spares?! The short stroke probably won't create enough air volume for the longer barrel right?
          The only reason why I wanted to mate the A3 receiver to the A2 stock is so that I could keep the A2's amazing trigger response and the very handy semi/full auto selector.
          I've read that the JG is about 13 ROF with a 7.4v LiPo. That's a lot slower than the HC, less than half actually but I was burning through TM midcaps too fast anyway!
          I'm interested to see if the FET in the JG will help match the HC's trigger response. I'm gonna go ahead and order it anyway and will report back once it arrives.
          Thanks again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cerbera An English man in Japan. 14 years in Japan, any questions, give me a shout! Find out more about Cerbera
          Working...
          X