Few questions about my TM SOPMOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions about my TM SOPMOD

Hi just a few questions I thought i'd put into one thread.

-I bought mine second hand and upon changing the barrel I noticed there's no spring pushing the hop unit onto the air nozzle. It's a tight fit anyway as there's an oval that slots into the gearbox but do you think I should deffo source and new one or will it not be a problem?

-How do you take the front sight off? I have an AGOC and the front sight blurs the optics. I see there are two of those push clip things at the bottom but then what? It's not going to come off over the flash hider! :S

-What do I buy to replace the front sight or will it still look ok?

-Anyone tried an r-hop on their SOPMOD and did they see good gains over the stock set up?

-Anyone elses bolt stop really tempremental? I've cleaned the mags and not helped really! If I push on the mag from the bottom and then fire full auto till no BB's are left it will kick in though!?!?

Cheers

Re: Few questions about my TM SOPMOD

Bump

Comment

Surely the flash hider screws off? And for front iron replacement, probably best to get an MBUS flip-up sight as they defo look nice
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Answers below in red, hope this is of some help to you.

Originally posted by Wrcallar View Post
        Hi just a few questions I thought i'd put into one thread.

-I bought mine second hand and upon changing the barrel I noticed there's no spring pushing the hop unit onto the air nozzle. It's a tight fit anyway as there's an oval that slots into the gearbox but do you think I should deffo source and new one or will it not be a problem? This spring pushes the hop chamber back onto the air nozzle to give a tighter seal around the hop rubber, i would reccomend getting one if you can, but your gun will still fire without it.

-How do you take the front sight off? I have an AGOC and the front sight blurs the optics. I see there are two of those push clip things at the bottom but then what? It's not going to come off over the flash hider! :SOn the underside of the flash hider you will see a very small grub screw with an allen head, take this out and screw the flash hider off, to remove the front sight you will need to remove three pins, two on the underside of the sight and one on the top where the mock gas tube goes, the sight will then slide of the gun (you can find a video on youtube about this) i have replaced mine with a folding front site, the MBUS sight mentioned are very nice but are ris mounted, so if you are going down this route get a gas block to replace the front site.

-What do I buy to replace the front sight or will it still look ok? This is the one i have on mine http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2588

-Anyone tried an r-hop on their SOPMOD and did they see good gains over the stock set up?Sorry cannot answer this one as i use a standard TM rubber and nub, never had a problem with them so have never used anything else in any of my guns.

-Anyone elses bolt stop really tempremental? I've cleaned the mags and not helped really! If I push on the mag from the bottom and then fire full auto till no BB's are left it will kick in though!?!?You will need to check your cut off lever, mine works fine, but a team mates has started to have a semi-auto issue, where his gun will only fire the first shot on semi and then nothing will come out, but it will fire fine on full-auto, on semi if we oush the mag in and hold it it then it will fire on semi, we did notice that his cut off lever in his gun is slighty bent and activates the bolt stop when pushed on, which mine does not do, check this out.

Cheers

Comment

Not sure about the SOPMOD, but on my SOCOMs the A-frame gas block/front sight had a small grub screw on the inside of the outer barrel. I had to remove the inner barrel and put an allen key through the outer to get at it.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wrcallar Find out more about Wrcallar
          Working...
          X