Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOPMOD Upgrade - Looking for extra 70fps

Hi all,

Had a nosey round the forum, most threads say X part is best for Y gun, after some specific info from SOPMOD owners.

I've got a TM CQB-R that was chrono'd at around 280fps on 0.2s (I tend to use 0.25s, left me at 234fps) however I feel this is pretty low currently. (Last rifle was tuned to the edge of my local's allowance; 345fps)
    I know I can just dump a new spring in there, but I've heard a lot about the TM boxes being great stock, but if you go to upgrade one part then the rest of the gearbox will die in a mass of flames and smoke or thereabouts.
    This is my first TM gun; are they really that flimsy or is this a case of airsofter's exaggeration?

I'd prefer to upgrade the spring part-way to my FPS aim and then try to claw some efficiency back;- such as pistons & cylinder heads etc. as I don't want to cause issues with the Piston cycle time & recoil weight cycle time. I'd also prefer to do as much as possible as I don't want to keep pulling it apart. Probably going to have around £120 to drop in for this project. I was thinking maybe an M90 spring, new cylinder head & air-nozzle, but then I got stuck on what next. Possibly gears but they tend to be expensive, I'm only running a 7.4v lipo so no dramatic increase in ROF from the 8.4v standard ni-mh. (Not that I've noticed anyway)

What upgrades have you put into your Recoils? I've currently got a TK Twist from another rifle I have in and I've converted my stock to mini-deans lipo with gold contact bars whilst not modifying the shell of it at all.
    This will also be my first time opening a complete Ver2 box; I've opened my ICS Spluit box plenty, but I feel that may have been more forgiving. I'm pretty technically minded, but is there anything I should really watch for?

Thanks for reading
    sigpic

Re: SOPMOD Upgrade - Looking for extra 70fps

I have a fully upgraded sopmod m100 spring and prommy everything bar piston and gears (gears are lonex) and it shoots at 340

Comment

i just had a E6 M100 spring, lonex gears, and Madbull Tb, and for extra recoil a heavier E6 spring, its around 335fps on .2s i couldnt see the point of changing anything else unless it breaks, then obviously i will
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Cheers guys, your setup seems to be what I'm looking for Sparrowhawk, I was concerned about the longetivity of the gears. (Also must admit the heavier recoil is tempting) Will have to chat with E6 about the upgrades.
        sigpic

Comment

I did the Hornbill gears, and an M100 spring to go with the madbull barrel in there. Sacked it up to 348, so have an M90 just in case.

Buy the M90 in the first place, and it'll cost you £45

Comment

the heavier recoil spring does make a noticable difference, for a very small amount of work to change it...

Comment

Just the spring, and not the weight? I thought upping the spring would have a much worse effect on reliability without the heavier weight?

Comment

tbh i wouldnt know, i havent put enough rounds through to make any judgment, the recoil weight is quite expensive to change irrc,
                i mean a heavier spring with a standard weight, would it really cause any problems?anyway imo the tm recoil aeg is a finely balanced machine and as soon as one part is change it will eventually mess the rest of it up...

Comment

Im not sure, but as far as I knew the only reason to change that spring was to keep the heavier weight in time with the rest of the gun, so if you changed the spring but not the weight, you might find that the weight is then faster than the rest of the gun. Im not sure, this is just theory to me!

Comment

ok...i can see the logic there,if you used a heavy weight with a light spring, the spring could have problems moving the weight resulting in an unusual recoil, on the other hand with a heavy spring and lighter weight, the spring would have less resistance to move still causing the weight to slam harder,(which it does) but not as hard with both upgraded...i dont think the weight would be moving more times than the gun cycles, because its the actual cycle that moves the spring in the first place

Comment

Well I've just bought an M90, lonex gears and a lines cylinder head to try. Would like to think ill get a reasonable increase in FPS from this.

Will update on how it goes.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Capitano_Tomtom I like to shoot my friends. Find out more about Capitano_Tomtom
                      Working...
                      X