Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85A2 beheaded screw in fire selector

Hi there,

As title. I was doing a quick loosen-retighten job on the fire selector screw because it felt a tad loose when skirmishing the other day, only to have the head snap clean off. Much face-palming promptly followed. I've tried to extricate it by making an indentation and applying a slow drill speed to try and coax the damn thing out. Needless to say, I was unsuccessful. I've thought about taking a few millimetres off the end of the 'sheath' to expose the thread of the screw so I can undo it by hand, but the sheath must remain its original length so it can fix in correctly.

I've also looked at replacing the fire selector completely, but I cannot for the life of me find a retailer able to split off and sell the selector on its own. ICS hawk it off as part of the entire lower receiver set, which is an exorbitant price for what is ultimately just a screw.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any more advice on what I could try to winkle the bloody thing out? Alternatively, if someone out there is sitting on a spare ICS L85 fire selector, I'd be willing to part with a fair amount of cash for the pleasure!

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

Images

Re: ICS L85A2 beheaded screw in fire selector

hehehehehe, I had the same problem a couple of months back. I ended up using 72 hours curing araldyte to hold it back on. it's still there now : )
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Yeah , try and glue the head back on as it seems to have a little length left.

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
      Plato
      ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

get it tapped out! then put in a decent bolt

Really the uk distributor should be able to get you the part...(pm me if you don't know who they are) if they won't, email ics and tell them they won't and ask them direct

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Peter12378 Find out more about Peter12378
        Working...
        X