some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some thoughts

1)In these sometimes fragile airsoft gearboxes wouldnt it make sense for the manufacturer to design some sort of sump/sealed compartment so the gears are constantly revolving in fresh oil?then,instead of a regrease/clean you could just change the oil like in a car engine etc.

2)These chinese guns,the ones that fire at 450/400fps out of the box,they can handle that sort of power for a while at least,so when you downgrade them,the internals should last longer than a say classic army which has to be upgraded?

thought i'd just post these thoughts ,and get some sort of engineered response,i hope!cheers.
    old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Re: some thoughts

In responce to no. 2, they only fire at 400fps+ because the chinese company's just put in higher powered springs in them. I wouldnt think they develop the gears to be stronger than the CA,TM etc gears as they keep costs down as much as possible. I just opened a JG MP5 and the Compression was absolutely terrible on it. Also the motor was underpowered even compared to a TM EG700.

In responce to No.1 if the gears were sealed, how would they mesh with the piston teeth? And if they could how much of the internals would be in this sump?

Comment

i think that point 1 is a very good (if difficult to produce) idea!

the sector gear doesn't need greasing because it engages the piston, so that isnt an issue...

you could run an open sump just under the bevel gear, and then that would rub off on the spur gear.... it would be a squeeze to say the least!
      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
      Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Point 1 is un-needed. Good idea yes, but too expensive and impractical to put into production. You will need to change the gaskets everytime you split the gearbox, and how are you going to seal the motor to the gearbox? You will also need to divide the gearbox into parts to stop oil making its way into the cylinder.
        The gears wont be rotating in fresh oil all the time, you would have to implement an oil pump system and an oil filter, also the gears would rotate slower due to the weight of the oil.

Comment

I just had an idea,

The AEG's work fine as they are, why do we need oil/sump anyway?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bert uk name is tony Find out more about bert uk
          Working...
          X