Upgrading AA a1 l85 sa80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading AA a1 l85 sa80

Hi just brought my first sa80, I'm aware peeps prefer the a2! But was wondering what I actually need to improve the rof and fps on this aeg!

I searched the forum and can't find anything so apologies if this is in the wrong section and has been brought up before!

Atmim looking at a spring upgrade, but what else will I need? And is the gearbox ver 2? I'm assuming??

Cheers for your help guys appreciate it!!

Re: Upgrading AA a1 l85 sa80

high speed gears, high speed motor and you can disable the blowback for reliability

Comment

Thanks the blowback is already disabled, is that all? Dnt have to worry about the piston, piston head and spring?

Cheers for your help

Comment

Its not a v2, it's a horrible mash up that takes an odd combination of parts. Will take v2 gears. If you want to use a normal aeg piston you need a 10mm spacer for the piston head and a normal spec sector gear. My mate has had serious issues running his at a high rps, if you need to ask its probably not best to do it yourself.
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

Lol, if you don't ask you don't learn! I only ask as I've done p90's and m4's but they all have similar layouts where as when I took the gun apart I was like what! Lol trial and error I assume! Cheers for the input though guys appreciate it

Comment

Yeah fair enough if you're willing to play with it! Once you've got the lower gearbox fitted with TM spec gears and shimmed all nice, the main issues we had were with the upper received, so piston and airseal. Dream to work on with the split gearbox though!
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Total noob question so please feel free to shoot down, should I be looking at 16:1 ratio gears or 13:1 for higher speed? And yea just reading up now on shimming gears lol and setting them right!

Comment

Not a noob question at all mate! Standard ratio is 18:1. Taking it lower will increase the speed, higher, the torque.

So 13:1 will give you the highest speed. I'm running 13:1 gears in my hk416 for the trigger response (with other upgrades) and they pull an m100 spring fine and dandy
                Buy my stuff!

Comment

Happy days! Cheers for e input!mim thinking I need a spring upgrade anyways as when chroned I'm firing at 260, so there's low compression, looking forward to taking it apart and checking piston seals, and everything else! I'm pretty sure it just the spring asi brought it like 5th hand so a good grease up, new spring, and gears should do it well lol

Thanks again!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flip1664 Find out more about Flip1664
                  Working...
                  X