This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 issues.

Hey, I've got a few problems with my KA M4 atm, hoping you guys can help out.

1. Won't feed from normal mags unless mag is pushed up into the magwell
    2. mag wobbles in the magwell

^ These two i think are Hop bucking related, I'm getting a madbull ultimate 3-in-1 hop (and Madbull 450mm python v2 TBB :p), so they should sort themselves out.

the charging handle spring seems to have gone wrong (whenever it is pulled back and released, the spring will bend and the charging handle wont slam home); may be spring guide related? (youtube vid explaining problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaBaTElnDQ)

I'll kick myself if there is an easy solution to the charging handle problem :D

Cheers, FPSEngland
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Re: M4 issues.

could try cutting the spring down a little and make sure that the hook that hooks onto the charging handle is at the right angle, in the vid the spring looks a little loose

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crude Skinny B View Post
      could try cutting the spring down a little and make sure that the hook that hooks onto the charging handle is at the right angle, in the vid the spring looks a little loose
      will try that. actually, might get the techie to do that in case i F*** it up lol
      The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Feeding could indeed be the hop bucking.

Wobbly mags is just "one of those things" as things don't tend to be manufactured to exacting dimensions in airsoft. Either try different brand mags, or wrap a couple of layers of electrical tape round your current ones a little below the mag catch to make them snug.

The spring is too long - you've over stretched it when you removed the charging handle (or just pulled the charging handle out too far). Either snip it a bit shorter or buy a new one

Comment

Originally posted by julesbloke View Post
          Feeding could indeed be the hop bucking.

Wobbly mags is just "one of those things" as things don't tend to be manufactured to exacting dimensions in airsoft. Either try different brand mags, or wrap a couple of layers of electrical tape round your current ones a little below the mag catch to make them snug.

The spring is too long - you've over stretched it when you removed the charging handle (or just pulled the charging handle out too far). Either snip it a bit shorter or buy a new one
          Thanks for your input guys, problems solved, mods please close

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FPSEngland Airsofter, Music Producer, Semi-Professional Gamer. I'm boring, you see. Find out more about FPSEngland
          Working...
          X