Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semi auto lockups...

hey guys!

getting there with the 416, now works flawlessly on full auto.

however when you flick to semi, before it even gets the chance to shoot it locks up (not the kind where you flick to auto to solve it)...

now i'm really not to sure what the issue could be, i think its either to do with the trigger switch, or the cut off lever.

basically i did a test run with the gearbox with just the gears and motor alone, again full auto the gears spun fine, however when you flick to semi it stops, the trigger still pulls but nothing happens... to make it work again I needed to nudge the little switch part (the bit the trigger pushes into connector block), then it would work fine again on full auto, but if i tried semi same thing would happen?

so yeh, i'm wondering, any thoughts?

josh

Re: semi auto lockups...

Could be something wrong with your selector plate, in which case, take the gearbox out, and put the plate in the position that it should be when firing semi, then try it, could be a case of the fire selector not moving the plate enough.

Comment

but then surely it would still work if i flicked it to full auto wouldnt it?

Comment

Yes but there could be something wrong with the selector plate and selector lever, so take the gearbox out, try the selector plate in the different positions to see if its anything electrical/mechanical

Comment

Take the gearboxapart and check for the bit of metal that stops the male trigger contact from going too far back, its probably snapped off

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

To me it sounds like something wrong with the angle of the motor

What grip have you got this in???

I had probs with the fb/gun, would fire fine is auto, semi would jam after about 30 shots..... Motor would get hot...
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

If your motors getting hot, check your shimming and that nothing is jamming anywhere

Comment

Mines working perfectly now thanks to someone on the forum, my 416 body didn't like the go gearbox
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

which part am i looking for?!

also using a magpul grip, will try a standard m4 one..

Comment

Ok with the left side of the gearbox facing you to the left of the trigger mech below the pointy bit where the spring for the male contact goes over should be another pointy out bit

Comment

YES! Found it! Eagle6 to the rescue.

I have been talking to Josh via PM on the weekend, trying to help get to the bottom of his issue. From what I can tell (and correct me if I am wrong) is that he has a 416 which he received/bought broken and has slowly been trying to return it to former glory.

Because of the damage, he has had to turn it into a bit of a Lego build, so there is some sort of incompatibility causing full auto function to the Semi function to cut off early.

Instead of firing a semi shot, it pre-cocks the rifle. More worryingly, once this happens, it seemed to break the full auto as well to such an extent, that power is completely cut within the rifle and the trigger no longer interacts with the carriage. So it basically sets itself up into a completely broken state. My guess was that it's somehow pinching the trigger trolley/carriage between the tappet and the cutoff lever, thus screwing everything up.

It was tricky to explain though, so take a look at this link and watch the video inside it as well: http://eagle6.co.uk/beta/reviews/how...t-off-timming/

If my theory above is invalid (and I fully expect it to be, i've described an absolutely freak occurrence, never even heard of such an issue, never mind experienced it myself) then that guide excellently explains how the semi function SHOULD be working, and I hope it helps you better diagnose it

Comment

im thinking, it has nothing to do with the tappet since i tried the gearbox with just gears and motor and still problem occurs...?

Comment

i would suggest checking the cut off lever to see if its interfeering with he trigger switch when moved into semi position. Semi works by "tipping" the male switch part via the cut off lever then the switch spring pulling the contacts appart. when you move the selctor plate it repositions the cut off lever to work. If that is interferring then the switch can still move but tip up and return rather than engage. As posted earlier by someone, check the gearbox shells around the area for any snapped off cracked lugs that hold the trigger/return springs.

Comment

Can anyone please take a pic of cracked or damaged parts I am looking for in the shell, not sure which lugs you are on about?

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                            Working...
                            X