can it be done ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can it be done ??

hi all bit of a weird question and i think i know the answer is going to be no but i have to ask it anyway
    is it possible, does such a front sight exist that would allow me to remove my standard m4 front sight but still allow me to use handguards instead of rails?
    want to keep my magpul moe handgrips but remove the front sight since i find it gets in the way when you look through your optics and have a big metal post in the way.
    i have seen flip up front sights that look like your standrd front sight but fold down but they dont appear to have the circle bit on them that allows your handguards to clip in to.

Re: can it be done ??

What optics are you using? If it's a x4 you shouldn't see anything.

Comment

eotech 552

Comment

do a google search for gas block you will find what you want. Hurricane do one, instead of triangle front sight it has a rail.
        sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

Originally posted by tsv2tuff View Post
          eotech 552
          You're not supposed to look through an Eotech... the whole concept of those sights is you keep both eyes open, scanning for targets and lay the reticle on (with both eyes still open) just before you fire.

Comment

the quickest way to aim is target with your feeling and look where your bbs are landing
            sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

madbull also do a gas block got one on my m15, with eotech if i can find ill post a pic up for you. if also comes with some ris on top which is nice from some form of flip-up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                You're not supposed to look through an Eotech... the whole concept of those sights is you keep both eyes open, scanning for targets and lay the reticle on (with both eyes still open) just before you fire.
                both eyes open or not you can still see that front sight post....

I had the same problem, but I went with a free float, Daniels Defence Omega rail an a VLTOR low profile gas block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything is possible. Have you considered just taking the disk off the front sight and just placing it so that it butts up to the new gas block? If it needs securing, then you can either glue it to the block or drill and tap a small hole to screw the disk in to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Hill View Post
                    both eyes open or not you can still see that front sight post....
                    So what? Why does it matter?

Comment

In fairness, I do find it annoying too :P I ended up fitting one of the folding 'silhouette' sights on my DMR m16, partly to allow me to fit low mounted optics and partly to just get the bugger out of the way and clear my field of view when I switch over to right-eye dominance.

Comment

I am in the same boat

2 x gas blocks on order.

I have a x4 Spectre clone and the foresight is deffo in the way. You can see "through" the blur, but it is still not the perfect sight picture i am wanting. I have an ACOG on order too so i bit the bullet and ordered 2x gas blocks. No point having nice optics for them not be able to function as well as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          So what? Why does it matter?
                          Because it bugs me..... I spend my working life dealing with crap second rate kit, so I want my personal stuff to be on the ball......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To OP.
                            With my M15A4, i just rotated the sight so it was underneath when using low mount optics.
                            Looks a little silly but gets the job done.
                            Another alternatic would be to cut it off completely.
                            Or get some nice free floating rails instead!

Comment

If you check the m4 s-system, they have front sights that flip down, check out a picture of that gun and you'll see what i mean, those are the sights you want

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
                              Working...
                              X