Upgrades for CA Sportline RIS M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades for CA Sportline RIS M4

What are the top 3 things I should look at upgrading on this particular gun and which mods would it take.

I imagine the top answers will be barrel and gear box, but which types?

Cheers gents and gals

Re: Upgrades for CA Sportline RIS M4

Err.. depends on what you are hoping to achieve? Use the gun for a while, find an issue with it and THEN upgrade. Otherwise, how will you ever know the effects that your mods are having?

Comment

actually that's a good idea. Thanks!

Comment

+1 to above.

Generally speaking people would advise a tightbore barrel, a hop rubber & nub and then usually a spring if it's low fps or a conversion to lipo.

Gearbox entails many things, spring, spring guide, tappet plate, air nozzle, cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head and 3 (?) different gears. All of these are upgradable with aftermarket parts, it's not often people will do the whole lot in one go.

If you first research what youre looking at and then (search first ) make a thread stating will X part fit in Y gun people can give you good advice. A generic "what will fit" doesn't tend to get as good a response.
        sigpic

Comment

I've done quite a bit of searching, the issue is I don't know what's compatible with what. I.E would a TM hop up fit in the CA receiver etc etc, there tends to be little info I can pull out. I'm sure the infos out there but perhaps my search terms could be better.

Actually a list of cross compatible parts would actually be awesome *googles*

Comment

For None-Recoil Armalite (e.g. M4, m16 etc) based rifles you tend to get 2 main types of hop unit - 2 part and single piece. Anything with a 2 part hop unit can be modified to take a 1 part, but going the other way is both tricky and pointless.

In general though, unless you have an actual issue with a hop unit, it is one of the least useful parts to bother 'upgrading'. I mean, it's basically just a set of tubes and an arm that moves up and down. If you want to go for an accuracy build, you need to focus on getting the hop arm as centered as possible (e.g. add small shims either side of it, cut from something like coke can metal for instance) and you need to have a nub that does what you want it to... but that's all fairly reading-intensive.

Really, the internal parts that are worth changing (as in can have some sort of tangible effect) are:

* Barrel
            * Hop Rubber
            * Motor
            * Bushings
            * Gears
            * Main Spring
            * Air Nozzle
            * Piston Head
            * Piston O-Ring
            * Cylinder Head
            * Wiring Loom
            * Connectors
            * Battery
            * Spring Guide (if the current one lacks a bearing)

But again, changing some of those parts can have drastic effects on your rifle.

You are likely to fall into one of 4 camps -

* Run a stock gun into the ground and then ask questions - in that case, as you were, sir!
            * Do some basic upgrades to tweak your rifle slightly - have a read around various sites and take your time to understand what gives you the best bang for your buck for the gain that you want (ROF, FPS, Accuracy, Consistency, Durability)
            * Nutter who wants to get the most performance out of a rifle that is humanly possible, then kick that barrier over as well and make something better - Sign up to the "Airsoft Mechanics" forum!
            * Modify the rifle's look and feel other external faetures - Sign up to Arnies Airsoft - they have some really skilled guys on there who are great at custom builds and absolutely huge image threads for every rifle type you can think of.

Good luck fella
            Last edited by Bachelarius; 2 May, 2012, 10:49.

Comment

I have a sport line MP5 and thought the internal quality should be similar to your gun.

First if its working fine then go on use it till it break.

Things you may want to change when you decide to open the gear box:

1. change the plastic bushings with metal bushings or bearings
              2. the sector gear in mine is a bit crap, break after like 10 shots. Mine is a pot metal one not steel. If its steel then no worries.
              3.cylinder head only has 1 O ring, I found double O ring ones sits tighter than 1 O ring.

For the barrel I suggest the TK twist barrel, it does increase the range if you firing around 330 fps.
              sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gair333 Perfection is often hard to achieve, yet some people attain it. I am not one of those people, sadly. As the Deli Llama once said "Be excellent to each other". Find out more about Gair333
              Working...
              X